? Boiling liver for Phoebe how do you cook it??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Phoebes (GA), Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Vet recommended giving her liver. So I bought some calf liver. What do I do with it. How long? Do I fry or boil? Can she drink the broth from it?

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

There is a recipe for a liver shake though I don't know it. Wonder if that would work?

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

You need to be careful when feeding liver to cats. While it is an excellent food, too much will give them Vitamin A toxicity.

I feed my cat a raw home make diet and give him 7 to 10 grams only of liver a day.
    I would not feed any more than that on a regular basis. That is about the size of your top joint of your finger.

It is ok to give more but only for a short time. Too much can also give them loose poos.

You can feed it raw or slightly fried in olive oil or dropped in boiling water for a couple of minutes.
    I use either lambs liver or chicken liver.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  5. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

I add chicken or turkey liver to my kitties food but just a little amount as they've mentioned too much can be bad.

I put the liver in an oven safe dish or pot without any water or anything, just the liver and bake them, it takes about 35-40 minutes at about 350 °F (180°C) for them to be completely cooked and I do add all the juices to the rest of the food

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  6. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.