? Bonito Flakes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AshleyDiamond, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshleyDiamond

AshleyDiamond Member

I have read about Bonito Flakes and how they are a good treat for our kitty's. I purchased PureBites Freeze Dried Chicken which my boy loves but they are quite expensive so I wanted an alternative for cheaper. I plan to use them as another treat and also as a food topper on those stubborn days. I purchased these off Amazon and just wanted to make sure they were 100% okay to give to him. Has anyone else used these? 20180715_112440.jpg 20180715_112515.jpg

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

These are the ones I give my cat Julie. She really likes them. These are fine for a treat.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I use them for topping okonomiyaki, and tried them for testing treats for Idjit. Unfortunately he doesn't like tuna and they didn't work for us, but the Pure Bites are a big hit.

5. AshleyDiamond

AshleyDiamond Member

Wow that is a great deal for those. We will have to find something we need or want and grab a bag. I do actually buy the dog sized ones though versus the cat because its a much better deal.

6. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Like Janet, I use this brand, too. All my cats love them. I crumble a few over their meals as a topper and they go wild for it! :)

7. AshleyDiamond

AshleyDiamond Member

@JanetNJ @Idjit's mom thank you for the response. I thought they were okay but I still wanted to be 100% because of the package. Lol.

8. AshleyDiamond

AshleyDiamond Member

@Squalliesmom awesome! I'm glad. At first my boy was iffy but once he got a taste he loved them. I did get two bags and didn't realise how big they actually were. The date on them is January 2019. I hope we will use them both up before then o_O

Squalliesmom likes this.
  9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Otherwise you'll have to make some Miso soup. Lol

Idjit's mom and Squalliesmom like this.
  10. AshleyDiamond

AshleyDiamond Member

Eek. I don't know about all that lol. They smell horrible as is haha. I am curious what they taste like though.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  11. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

They taste fishy, and have, to me, an odd consistency. I do think they'd probably make a nice broth, though!

AshleyDiamond likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.