Bonnie and GA Oreo Joe new kitty

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Bonnie Soderqvist, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Bonnie Soderqvist

Bonnie Soderqvist Member

Hello,
    The house was so empty and the many hours a day I spent with Oreo Joe loomed ahead of me with huge reminders that he was gone. I was so sad, and still am but am slowly accepting what is over and I can do nothing about.
    Roger called the shelter we had gotten Oreo Joe from so we wouldn't need a home visit again. She sent us to another shelter that took her overflow and she took theirs. They had a 6 year old female white and black. She had been with a family but they were moving to an apartment that didn't allow smoking or pets. Any other apartment you rent has no say over you having pets. They brought Märta (now Snickers) in pregnant. She is a tiny little girl. Looks like a kitten herself and she had what the shelter mom referred to as, "3 of the wildest, rough and tumble boys she had ever seen, who wore Snickers out" Guess Snickers was putting ads in the paper herself to get rid of them. She lost a lot of weight during the 12 weeks of caring for them. Guess she didn't get the high calorie food she needed. She got no carb dry food and sometimes a wet food in sauce said to be low carb?? As she waved goodbye to the boys she laid down and went to sleep. She has been fixed and we were told she was a cuddle bug. Also she liked a treat like Temptations. She doesn't like them she vacuums them up in seconds and it doesn't matter how many there are. Like Crack Cocaine! She adds a new thing every day and really marks on us. She adores Roger but knows I am in charge of treats. Just beginning to lay in our laps for a few minutes at a time. She lays in my lap with her paws and head on the arm of my chair facing Roger! That way he can love her too. Today she started to play with toys on the floor, she does play with DaBird since day one. So Snickers is now running an entire house.

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

What a lovely little girl! :)

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

She is indeed a cutie! Love the little tongue sticking out! :D

4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

What a cutie!! :cat:

You will never replace of forget Oreo Joe but you have so much love to give and Snickers will gladly take all the love you give her. I am so happy you have found each other. :bighug: :bighug:

5. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwwww.....welcome 'furever home' sweet girl!

HUGS Bonnie!!!

6. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your Beautiful girl!

7. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

She is adorable. I'm feeling pretty bad right now for not knowing Oreo Joe was gone.

Bonnie Soderqvist likes this.
  8. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Bonnie - I am so happy for you.

9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

What a beauty! Congratulations on your new addition!

10. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

This is brilliant news @Bonnie Soderqvist .
    After all the dreadful stuff that happened , you guys deserve some pusscat happiness.

Well done Snickers for finding this amazing couple and your forever home. :cat:

11. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

I'm so happy for you! I followed your story with Oreo Joe and was quite perplexed, and sad, about how things transpired. I had no idea how different vet care could be, especially when it came to control over certain decisions (made me want to hop a flight to Sweden and steal away into the night with Oreo Joe). Anyway, it's so good to hear that you and Snickers are getting on well. You all deserve to take a deep breath and enjoy some peace and quiet with your new furry friend.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.