Boomer 5/16/10

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

As you may know, yesterday afternoon I felt Boomer was not well so I brought him to the ER. The ER doc examined him-she thought he was fine. No weight loss, no anemia, no fever. She thought he was adjusting to all his meds. I said he was doing weird things-his mouth was open, he was acting different, he was lethargic. I told her it seemed like I was going to lose him and she said "we are a long way from that" and I left. I gave him a capsule I made of enzymes, tube fed him a little, he ate a little. My BF came over and opened the slider for Boomer and he watched the birds. We went out to eat, we came back. Dave played with him a bit, he was alert and tried to play. At 9:30 as Dave was leaving Boomer ran under my bed and puked massively-about 3 meals undigested. He had not puked in a long time. Boomer hid for about a half hour and I sent him Reiki while I spoke to my mother on the phone telling her about this horrible situation-Dave had left. Then he came out and went into the kitchen and puked again. From here it went downhill fast...labored, loud and fast breathing, couldn't walk, extreme meowing. I was shocked and terrified. I got him in his carrier while I was on the phone to the ER. It takes about a half hour in the car in which time he was completely silent and I thought I may have lost him but was afraid to look. Then he moved once very violently and I knew he was still with me. I got him there and they were waiting for me. They worked on him and then told me he was in shock, not reponsive and they were trying to revive him from what probably was a stroke! His body temp was down 11 degrees. I went back and saw him, unresponsive. Then he started siezing and I knew I had to help him go right away and I did. After he was gone they gave me time to hold him wrapped up in a blanket and I waited for Dave. The ER called him for me but Dave didn't know yet that Boomer was gone. We held him and pet him together in the grieving room. The ER vet was very nice. They all were. I'm still not sure how IBD and EPI turned into a stroke. I stayed at Dave's last night and am still here now. I left my house last night with the lights and tv on. I need to go home soon and clean up his 6 or so food bowls left. I am on auto pilot/in shock now and Dave is supporting me. He will come to my house with me to face the house with Boomer's things and no Boomer...just me. I've still not told my mom. I can't believe I have to write this post to all of you, my Lantus family about my beloved little boy. Thank you for helping us go OTJ and for supporting us through the last three hellweeks of my life, I don't know where I'd be without all of you.

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! oh traci, I am so very,very sorry. no one tried harder to make it right. I am at a loss for words really. I am shocked so I can only imagine how you are feeling. you really did good by him and he knows it.
    holding you close. fly free sweet boomer

3. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Oh Traci... my heart is breaking for you. You did everything you could for sweet Boomer and at the very hardest time for you, you gave him the gift of release. I am crying here with you. I lost a kitty to a stroke and know the shock and huge pain you feel.
    He had a wonderful life with you and that is the greatest love a kitty can have. He knows this.

Please remember him pain-free and happy as he is now watching over you and sending his warm love from above. (((Traci and Dave)))

4. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

(((traci))) i am so sorry.

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

*tears* traci, I cannot even put into words how sorry I am to hear this. Boomer was such a brave little trooper .... I'm just so sorry you lost him ... I'm so sorry ... my heart breaks for you and dave ...

Fly Free Boomer .. You earned those wings .....

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

oh no!

((((((((((((Traci and Dave)))))))))))

Boomer chose his time, at least he did not leave you having to make a hard decision. You can know for sure that you did everything right. Boomer may have had a short life, but what an impact he has made on so many people.

Lucy is singing her Meezer songs to accompany him on his way to the Bridge. I'm so sorry.

Fly free, Boomer. wings_cat

7. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: wings_cat Traci I am so very very sorry I know how hard you worked for Boomer and to lose them suddenly is so very difficult since I went thru this so recently with my Crazy Horse sending you lots of support and ((((( HUGS)))) at this very hard time I know he leaves such a giant void in your life you worked so hard for him we are here for you Fly free little Boomer Crazy Horse is up there and can show you around Ok cat_pet_icon this is so making me cry you take care Traci I know the next weeks will be so hard on you

8. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Traci))
    Tears are just pouring down my face now. I am sooooooooo sorry to hear.
    I had a glass in my hand which almost dropped to the floor when I saw the rainbow next to Boomer's name.
    My heart is breaking for you. So devoted and loving and Boomer knew that.
    He is now painfree, over the bridge.

Fly free sweet and loved Boomer. wings_cat
    You are now with our other guardian angels, looking down in us.

Hugs Traci. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

9. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Traci, I am so very sorry for your loss of Boomer. I know you must be heartbroken and in shock and my heart goes out to you. You did everything you possible could to make him healthy, but some things are not meant to be. You are carrying his pain now, but in time it will get easier. You are in my prayers and I'm sending you peace and comfort.

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((traci)))))
    i haven't been around much lately, but i've been ducking in to see how boomer was doing. i'm so very sorry.
    you did everything you could and gave him the ultimate act of love.
    fly free dear boomer... wings_cat

11. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Traci ))) I am so sorry for you loss. You were so devoted to Boomer.
    Fly free sweet Boomer. wings_cat

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Traci))) I am so so sorry for your loss. You have my heartfelt sympathies. Tears.

Fly Free Beautiful Boomer

13. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

traci, EVERYONE knows you did everything you could for your little boy. sometimes the best of them leave us so quickly. just know that we are all with you in spirit, hugging you and propping you up.
    fly free, boomer, whole and healthy now to the rainbow bridge.

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Oh, Traci... I don't even have words. I can barely read what's been posted. I am so sorry. I know how panicked and concerned you've been and how much you love this wonderful kitty. Thank you for having shared Boomer with us. For those of us who have lost one of our GAs, they are at the Bridge taking care of Boomer and they are all playing -- happy and healthy together.

15. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Traci,
    I am so sorry for your very shocking and tragic loss. You did everything for Boomer. You loved him and cared for him so deeply - that was so clear in every one of your posts. Please accept my sincerest condolences. He was one of a kind, one of our very special kitties in Lantus Land, and will be deeply missed. My heart goes out to you and Dave. Fly free, (((Boomer))).

16. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

OH NO! ((((Traci)))))

My heart is breaking for you. This is such shocking and devastating news. You have been trying so hard for your precious Boomer.. to make everything right and him well. You've done EVERYthing for him...given him the sun and the moon. I just cannot believe this news. I feel heartbroken too. Boomer feels like he was part ours.
    I know you are aching, and will miss him so terribly. You were the most devoted bean and ya'll were so, so lucky to have each other.

Fly free sweet baby Boomer!!

All the hugs i can get through this screen to you (((Traci)) :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

thinking of you,
    betty

Attached Files:

17. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

(((Traci)))

I'm so sad to see this, my heart breaks for you. I am so so very sorry.
    ((((((major hugs))))) and prayers for safe crossings for beautiful Boomer. He will be dearly missed.

18. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

((((Traci)))
    I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. I am so sad to hear of your lose Boomer!! I wish we could take the pain away....

19. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

I am so shocked and saddened to hear the news of the loss of your precious Boomer.
    My deepest condolences.

20. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Traci,
    I have no words to say; I feel so very sad and devastated at this news.

21. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Tracie I'm so very very sorry for your loss. When I saw your post with the rainbow in the subject line, tears immediately sprung to my eyes. Like others said, you did everything you could to try and help Boomer get well, and you were with him today when he needed you the most, helping to send him to a place with no more pain. I suspect you are feeling kind of numb and shocked right now at this turn of events. I am glad you have someone with you to help you through what will be a very hard time for you. Try and take care of yourself. I hope you find comfort in memories of happier times with Boomer and in the knowledge that you did absolutely everything you could to help him. Unfortunately someone or something on the other side needed him more.

In case it's helpful, I found this website and this page in particular to be of some help after I lost my beloved cat Cleo in October.

http://www.pet-loss.net/surviving.shtml

You are in my thoughts. Again, I'm so sorry.

22. Pat and Skipper (GA)

Pat and Skipper (GA) Member

Traci, I am so sorry.
    Fly free Boomer!

23. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Traci,

I am so very sorry to read this. We only just celebrated his OTJ day. Well now we will celebrate his life and all the love and joy he brought to you and you to him.

While his body is gone, his heart and soul are with you always. Please take comfort in knowing that he knows how much you love him. He is now free of the pain and able to romp free and with ease.

May you find comfort in your time of loss.
    May you find warmth in your memories.
    May you smile through your tears.
    And most of all may you find peace.

wings_cat

Fly free sweet Boomer.

24. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Traci)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    :cry:

OMG Traci.....I am speechless. I know nothing that we can say will take away the pain. I am so so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could for Boom Boom during his short visit here on earth. You were the best mommy ever. He will be missed very very much. Fly free sweet sweet Boomer rb_icon

25. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, Traci. My heart just stopped when I saw the rainbow. I can't believe this has happened. My heart is breaking for you. It's horrible to lose one so suddenly and so young. You did everything you could, though. You were the best mom he could ask for and he loved you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. May you find peace with some time. (((((Traci)))))

Boomer is free now and will never be forgotten.

26. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Oh Traci, I am so sorry for this horrific experience. I am so sorrry, is all I can say.

wings_cat

Attached Files:

27. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Oh no! (((Traci))))) I am so sorry! So so sad!
    Allow yourself to feel all your emotions, don't try to be strong; being a Furmom is a big deal!

Fly free sweet Boomer! wings_cat

28. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

(((Traci))) I am so very sorry for your loss. Boomer could not have known more love than he did with you. I'm crying with you and sending lots of love your way.

29. Weather Girl

Weather Girl Member

Sending you all the support we have to offer... Boomer was a special kitty.

(((Traci)))

30. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Oh Traci!!!!! I am just stunned. I'm so sorry, I'm bawling, I'm sad. You tried so, so hard and did everything you could. In the end, you gave him the gift of peace.

31. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Through tears I write. When you spoke of the car ride to the ER, thinking you had lost him but didn't want to look -- that love, doing every thing possible to make this not happen, that love...

Noisy shall greet him and take him to our other LL family members, he will be at home with them. There are some very special LL kitties there and they will take care of him now. May you find peace in knowing that you were the best person for him, he loved you so. What a precious kitty he was.

My DH was very fond of Boomer too. I was working on his party video and DH came over and said enthusiastically "who is that? what a great cat"
    DH would like me to tell you that he too is very sorry.

Fly forever free precious Boomer.

32. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Traci )))

Oh my gosh, Traci, I am so, so sorry. I saw the rainbow and I thought oh no, please let this not be that. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Boomer we so special, I know he knows how much you loved him and were giving your all to making him feel better. My heart is breaking for you.

33. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

Traci,

I am just stunned and so upset to read about Boomer. Tears came to my eyes and I feel his loss. In the weeks I've been on this board, you have shown yourself to be a dedicated mother and caregiver, and you have to know that you did everything possible for him. I am so sorry for your loss and I will always remember Boomer's beautiful face. I thought he was the most handsome boy.

Jason

34. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Traci))) My mind & heart are with you & Boomer....

35. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

My heart is breaking for you Traci....as everyone here, tears are in my eyes as I try to type...
    This is such a sudden shock and I am thinking now of you and what a terrible loss this is. So very sad....
    so glad Dave will be helping you when you go home.

Boomer's friends here in LL will miss him greatly....Fly free Sweet Boomer!!
    (((((Traci)))))

36. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Traci, I am so sorry. We grieve with you, and we know how much you will miss your beautiful Boomer. You did everything you could for him, and your love for him was so evident in your words and actions. Hold him forever in your thoughts. He is free from pain and flying free with so many of our kitties who have gone ahead. May your wonderful memories of your dear Boomer comfort you and give you peace. (((((((Traci and Dave)))))))

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Stu

37. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

(((Traci))) I'm so sorry :( :(

38. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

(((((((((Traci)))))))) I am so sorry, my heart is just broken.

[​IMG]

39. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I was just getting on the board to check out some condos and saw a rainbow and Boomers name and had to take a double take....I thought, couldn't be our Boomer...but it was. And now, it is with tears in my eyes and a very sad heavy heart that I am writing to tell you how so very sorry I am that you had to say goodbye to Boomer so soon. I know and Boomer knew that you loved him so very much and you took care of him with the very best of your being. You gave him the final act of love by helping him cross the bridge.
    Fly free sweet sweet Boomer....be healthy and be whole and play all day and night with all the other GA's.

40. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Traci))))))))))))))))))))))))) I think, like everyone else, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the rainbow. You know you have been the best bean ever to your furperson. I am so thankful you are not alone now. Dave is another wonderful bean who will take care of you, now. DH and I both send all the hugs and comforting vines we can find.

41. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwwww Traci
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: [*]

This was an incredibly sad thing for me to read! My heart just breaks for you. You were working so hard to help Boomer feel better. He KNEW this! He really did. I think the most important thing when any of us leave this world we know, is to feel loved and cared about. I do not doubt BOomer felt this surrounding him even in the last moments. he was blessed to have you an vice versa.

Go ahead and cry as much as you need.
    Know you have the army of us both here, and on the board in general, supporting you as you grieve and heal.

I wish I could give you a real hug!
    (((((((((((((traci)))))))))))))))))))

42. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Oh Traci, I saw the rainbow and gasped. I imagine you are in such shock right now ... this is terrible and so unexpected. Yes, Boomer was "complicated" but you were juggling everything for him and he was doing his best to pull through ... I'm stunned. A stroke--a blood clot to the brain--this can occur for more reasons that we probably know of. We will never know exactly why in his case--it's unfair no matter what the reason.

You have all my sympathy.
    Jess

43. Traci and Boomer

Thanks everyone for writing. It was harder for me to tell all of you what happened than my own mother. I KNEW that once you saw the rainbow you'd be SO stunned. I too have cried while reading abnout others GA kitties, most recently H and Lisa's Crazy Horse. He would have been 4 in July. Maybe I'll have another cat again, but not for a long time. My mom said I'll find a cat who won't die young of a horrible disease like my last two who were both 3 years old. I said, "ya? where am I gonna find a cat like that?"

I took a picture of him playing with the toy he loved either yesterday or today and I'll post it when I go home.

Last night I stayed at Dave's and he has been a very kind a caring BF. He loved Boomer too; Boo would often sit on his lap as well as mine. When I left for the ER last night I was in a panic and I left all the lights on and ran out. I had to go back there today to clean it up and put away some stuff for now. Dave drove me and helped me clean the puke in the kitchen, the 5-6 bowls of food left out. Dump the litter box and put away his stuff. I gave him all my cat food for Patches and I will donate his Lantus. For some reason I can't let go of his meter, it's too personal. I'm sleeping at Dave's tonight because I'm scared to be alone in my house. When I come in I always say "helllooooooo" and he runs by with his ear back. He was so funny. When I opened a low cabinet tonight I was ready to block it so he wouldn't try to get in. All this stuff is automatic.

Ya know, I really love cats. I do. All of my cats have been so sweet. Boomer was sweet and quirky, the way he whined at me. Maybe someday I'll resuce another Siamese when I don't feel so hurt and cursed.

44. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Like many others, seeing that rainbow was a shock. I am so sorry. Praying for you to get through this difficult time.

MJ & Donovan (extra kisses and hugs for him tonight)

45. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

You and Dave and Boomer are in my heart today, I am so sorry he had to leave you.
    Fly high and free Boomer.

[​IMG]

46. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

I'm so sorry...you and Boomer are in my thoughts:)

47. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Oh Traci. I am so very, very sorry. Like all the others I am just so shocked and saddened that this has happened. MY heart just breaks for you. Please know that we are all here for you to help you through this.

48. Linda and Crash (GA)

Linda and Crash (GA) Member

Oh Traci - how hard it was to read your post. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Especially just after getting Boomer otj. Deepest condolences.

49. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Traci))))

I am so so sorry to read about the loss of your little Boomer. It is just so terrible. It really stinks.
    It is times likes this that make me sadder than any other...horrible things that happen for no reason.
    My heart hurts for you. It really does. I wish I could just hug you and tell you that it will be okay but as you well know, time is
    the only thing that will make it be okay. That''s a crummy deal too.

Through the tears that I am crying for you/with you, I am just so happy that you and Boomer had each other for the precious short time that you did. And that you will always know that you did the right thing for Boomer from beginning to end, and that's why he loved and trusted you so. Boomer was really lucky to have you as a mom. You made sure that his life was wonderful and that he never had to suffer at all. You were so very lucky to have found each other. So clearly it IS about quality and not quantity. ♥

I wish I could say something brilliant to help you but again, we all know, those of us who have been through this, that only time will help. But you have all of us here if you need shoulders to cry on and please don't forget that.

My love and deepest sympathies are with you(and Dave..he sounds great).

Fly free and safe sweet Boomer rb_icon

Love,
    Caryl, Alex & Jackson

50. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((TRACI))))))))) I haven't been on here all day and was on FB and Paige posted about Boomer, I was stunned so I came on here. I am soooo sorry, you poor thing, you did everything possible for Boomer!!!!! Sending healing vines to you and Dave!!!!!! Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

((Traci)) My heart hurts for you and for Dave. To lose your loved one so suddenly... leaves you with a whole lot of :?:

Fly free Boomer. Know you were loved and loved well.

52. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Traci - I am so very sorry to read this. It was such a shock to see the rainbow by Boomer's name - It is hard for me to believe - I have been reading about Boomer, all his posts, and all he has been through. Words escape me - I am just so sorry for your loss.

Find comfort in your memories of all the good that Boomer was - he will live forever in your heart.

Fly free Boomer!

53. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Oh Traci, I am so sorry about Boomer :cry: I'm glad it sounds like he didn't suffer to long. He is free and happy now over the bridge with all the other wonderful kitties that have gone ahead. You will always have a Boomer shaped hole in your heart but your wonderful memories of him will halp to fill it up some. Fly free Boomer wings_cat

Hugs to you Traci!

54. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Traci,
    I'm so very sorry about your Boomer. My heart is breaking for you and I am in shock too. I'm glad that you have Dave to help you through this very hard time. Through your dedication it showed how much you loved him. You did the right thing for Boomer and he knows he was loved very much.

Thinking of you at this difficult time.
    Fly free sweet Boomer.
    jan and sara

55. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Traci,
    I am so sorry for your loss. As little comfort as it may be- Boomer is now in the playful company of so many of our wonderful furbabies. Fly free Boomer.

56. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Traci - I am so sorry for your loss and grieve with you.

Judy & Jake

57. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Traci.....I am so sorry to read this....many tears.

You did so much for Boomer and he knew how much you loved him and how hard you fought for him.

Our time with them is never long enough.

sherry

58. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Oh, no, Traci! I just saw this. I'm so, so sorry. My condolences.
    [​IMG]

59. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

So, so sorry to see this (((((Traci))))

Fly free Boomer

60. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh (((Traci))) I was just getting on to open our condo and saw the rainbow. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Fly free sweet Boomer wings_cat

61. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Dear Traci - all I can do now to is cry with you & grieve for the pain you are in. I am so sorry, things were not supposed to work out like this. That tender spot in your heart for Boomer will always be there & hopefully turn to sweet sorrow with time. I can only imagine the pain of picking up his dishes and other items. Cry hard as we cry with you.

All our Love & Affection.
    Susan & Lanky

62. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: ((((Traci)))) Just stopping in today to give you a cyber tissue and hug and let you know that I am still thinking about you, Boomer and Dave today. Please take care and take time to heal.

63. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh, Traci, I am so very sorry to hear of this. I can't imagine what you're going through, but please know that we all support you, no matter what you need. You showed Boomer such great love and compassion through all his illnesses, and his last moments were no different. He felt that love from you always. He will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, happy, healthy, and whole. Remember him when you can, and reach out if you need help or support. We are here for you.

(((Traci))) (((Boomer)))

64. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

:cry: Oh Tracy, my heart hit the floor when I saw the rainbow next to Boomer's name. I am so sorry, I can't even put it into words. I'm at my desk at work crying for you! We all know how much you loved Boomer, and how much you did to try to help him. He knows it too, don't ever think he doesn't. He loved you very much, and was incredibly lucky to have you as his bean.

When I lost my Potter several years ago to fatty liver, I came to realize that some flames just burn so bright that they can only burn for a short time. He was such a joy to us, and brought us much laughter and love. Boomer was one of these flames too, and he will sorely be missed. My heart goes out to you and Dave both, and I hope you can both find peace and comfort in knowing that you did all you could for Boomer, and that he'll always be with you.

Many, many hugs...

65. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Oh, no.. My heart just stopped when I saw that rainbow by Boomer's name. I had really hoped the new diagosis was going to be promising. My heart is broken for you, I could see how much he meant to you and how hard you fought to make him healthy and happy. Special kitties need special people to love and care for them and he certainly had special people in his corner. You were there when he needed you most and made the decision that was best for him even though it was the hardest for you.

Its almost like losing one of my own after these last few months watching and reading Boomer's journey. :cry:

66. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Oh Traci, I am so sorry to read this. I have been following your journey with Boomer and saw how much you loved him..this is truly shocking to hear. I am so very sorry.

Fly pain free sweet Boomer - your mama loved you so much.

67. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

Traci,

I wanted to let you know that my wife and I are still thinking of you. I kept the video of Boomer that you sent out last week and I've watched it a number of times since last night, and a big, bittersweet smile comes to my face. When I look at him, I know that he was cared for as much as any cat could be, and know that although he lost his fight, his all too short life was filled with as much love as any cat has ever gotten.

You said that you feel cursed because you've lost your babies so young, but to me, I see the other side. I see Boomer and your other baby as being blessed to have had such love and devotion in their short lives. I can't begin to imagine how you feel and wouldn't dare to tell you how to feel, but if Boomer and your other baby were destined to be with us such a short time, you were one that was able to make that time as precious as possible. You aren't cursed Traci, you're just the person with enough love to make their lives mean something, even if they were all too short.

Jason

68. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Oh Traci, honey, I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you.

69. Jennifer and Porky

Jennifer and Porky Member

Traci -

I was so shocked to read this earlier today, but I didn't have time to post then.

Tears of sympathy clouded my eyes....I am so sorry for your loss.

You are a most dedicated, loving mamma bean, and Boomer knew that - you took the best care of him!

May your happy memories of him comfort you....

70. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

How are you doing Traci?
    Hope you're taking care of yourself, we're all thinking of you and hope you're doing as well as can be expected.
    ((((hugs))))

71. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Re: Boomer 5/16/10, update with pic

traci,

so very sorry to hear of Boomer's passing.

fly free Boomer wings_cat

with care,

72. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

Oh my! I'm so sorry you are going through this. (((Traci)))
    Fly free sweet Boomer.

73. Traci and Boomer

Hi Everyone-

I'm doing okay. It's weird being alone in the house. Like I said, Dave and I came here yesterday to clean up and it's helped a lot tonight. I did find an open container of a FF appetizer in the fridge tonight. I had started putting pieces on the top of his food to get him to eat. SInce he got home from his biopsies he didn't like freeze-dried chicken any more. Weird. Unconciously I keep looking for him. When I hear a noise I think it's him getting into something. Tonight I used dental floss and just threw it in the garbage without wrapping it up. I've left a candle burning unattended in the kitchen, I have flowers from my land lords (for Boomer) on the kitchen table. I gave Dave my FortiFlora! That was hard. It seemed crazy to give it up! I gave him my pill pockets and freeze dried chicken! Now I don't need cat food coupons...I don't have to think about transitioning to raw, and so many other things. The biggest thing is the relief from worry.

I tried to post a picture of him that I took on Saturday, but every time I did it, even on a new thread, I got an error message saying the space for attachments is already used up or something. :?: :?: :?: What's up with that? Has it happened to anyone else?

Jason-Dave liked your post a lot. He told me to go back and read it. Biscuit and Boomer are two very sweet cats who both died of rare diseases and never made it to age 4. Boomer would have been 4 in July and I lost Biscuit a year and a half ago form acute pancreatitis. I'm glad they are together again because they truly did love each other. I don't know what to do with myself; it's such a huge change in lifestyle. I guess I'll be visiting the Grief forum. I could never do that before because I'd be crying my eyes out if I did visit. It's nice to heave the board for every stage of the journey, especially this one.

74. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

hi Traci. so glad you are doing a little better. if it helps, I have 6 of my own plus the 2 you know who's and I still feel lonely since Mr. chubbs has been gone. I hear him and see him all the time but when I actually look, he is gone. it is hard also cause Mr. Beasly looks so much like him. It does take time and before you know it, the healing has begun. It is strange to not do some things you have always done. hard to get used to that.
    Boomer and Mr. chubbs will never be far from us. they will be in our heats forever. ((((((traci))))

75. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

I'm so sorry you've lost your sweet boy.

I know how it fels to lose a kitty so suddenly,truly heartbreaking.
    Take your time with letting all his things go.

He is now whole again, jumping at butterflies by the bridge, playing with all the other FD kitties.

Fly free sweet Boomer (((Boomer, Traci and Dave)))

76. sanrun

sanrun Member

I'm so sorry, I was hoping Boomer was on the mend.

((Big Hugs))

Sandy - Dottie & Skippy

77. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

Traci,

I'm so sorry to hear about Boomer. I just read about him and I can tell how much you loved and cared for that sweet kitty. What Jason wrote in his post is so true.

78. paige

paige Well-Known Member

((((Traci)))) I am trying to type through my tears even today. It breaks my heart to think of how you must be feeling. I know how weird it is to be in an empty house, expecting him to come around the corner or looking for him. It is so engrained in us after all these years. Know that he is surely looking after you. He would want you to grieve but to also know that he is now free of any pain he may have ever had. He is eating all the fuds he can get his paws on now ;-) You were the best mommy he could have ever had. You went to every length to help him be healthy and happy.

79. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

(((((Traci))))) I'm so glad you updated us. I know this is a hard time for you ... our boy cheddar (GA) died unexpectedly at the young age of 1 1/2 and it took me a long, long LONG time to get over his death. I was alone with him when it happened, he had napped on me just a few short minutes before he passed and I was truly traumatized by it. But now, even while I miss him deeply, there are stories about him that me and peter talk about, and it always brings a smile to my face. I know it's hard to think that time will come for you, but it will. And the stories you tell about boomer will always bring a smile to your face.

80. OLM Catnip Cottage

OLM Catnip Cottage Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry. This is so sad, such a beautiful boy. My prayers for your comfort and peace.

81. M L and Cleo (GA)

M L and Cleo (GA) Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of Boomer; he knows you loved him so much.

Sending prayers for peace and comfort.

82. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TRACI)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

OMG I cant believe that hes gone I am so very sorry. I am glad you were with him. How sudden. Boomer is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon

wings_cat

83. fourcatsmama

fourcatsmama Member

I am so very sorry Traci. You did right by Boomer, he had lots of love with you and will always be loved by you.

84. Mal and Tubby (GA)

Mal and Tubby (GA) Member

Sad news :sad:

85. Janice & Johnny

Janice & Johnny Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Boomer. You were a wonderful mama to him, Traci. I'm sorry he couldn't be with you longer.. :sad:

86. heidi and doodles

heidi and doodles Member

Dear Traci,
    I'm so so sorry for your loss. Doodles and I are new to LL and enjoy all our new friends.
    What a good mamabean and how lucky boomer was to have you! May you find peace and happiness in future days and I'm so glad that
    Doodles has so many wonderful GA's over her. She is blessed.
    ((((traci))))

heidi and doodles >"<

87. Traci and Boomer

Hi Heidi-

Thank you. Lantus Land is a wonderful place. Boomer and my mom's cat Francis both went OTJ with the incredible help of the people here and the AMAZING insulin, Lantus. You are in the best place in the world for a diabetic cat! No one cares more than these incredible people.

88. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

You took the best care of him that a person could.. he'll be waiting for you. Boomer was special, and the powers that be give the special cats to the special humans that can handle it.. When you are ready, another one will choose you.. and no, it probably won't be one of those perfect cats that lives a healthy life and lives to be 20.. anyone can take care of those.. you've got the gift. And some day another special cat will find you that needs your gift as much as Boomer did.

Many hugs to you Traci.

89. donnancarolina

donnancarolina Member

Traci, I am so sorry for your loss. Some day you'll think about him and smile instead of cry. I hope that day will come soon and you have peace.

Donna and Connor

90. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

I am so very sorry, Traci. You tried so hard to keep him with you. I know he felt your love, and even now at the bridge, your love reaches him. He is now free of any pain, chasing butterflies and laying in the sunshine. He will wait for you. Donna

91. Traci and Boomer

Another flame point guy I see! Awww. Do you work for the same Siamese rescue as Libby? I've been going on that site a lot lately. There is a flame point kitten named (of all things) Beamer who came into rescue the same day my Boomer passed. There is also a little chocolate point kitten girl who is out of my transport area, who I think is gorgeous. I am now a HUGE Siamese fan. Someday when I have the courage and I'm not thinking I'm cursed, I'll get another one.

92. Traci and Boomer

Hi Dawn-
    Thank you for that. I've been wondering where you've been, I've not seen you here in a while. I hope to get another once I am in a better place emotionally. As you may know, my BF has a drooler who is terminal and I want to be there for him when she passes. His life will be even more turned upside down than mine- he is the King Caretaker and has been for YEARS. I don't think he'll know what to do with all his time once she's gone - just like how I'm feeling. Ugh. It's so weird. I hope you and your fur-kids are okay.

93. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((Traci))

Libby does volunteer with Siamese Rescue. She's going to be fostering a kitty (Jazzy) soon.

Never think you won't be ready. Your heart is too big to not want a kitty to be a part of your life. One day, when you least expect it, a kitty will steal you heart again.

94. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh how horrible & sudden. :sad: I'm so very sorry.

(((HUGS))) & tears,
    -Steph

95. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

((Traci)) I am so sorry to see this post - I haven't posted on LL much anymore because of nothing new to report but do check in from time to time and try to keep track of these sweet kitties on here.

It's so sad to lose them so suddenly like this - especially after being told that it wasn't that serious which allowed you to let your guard down a bit. This is such a shock to you - thank goodness you were able to get him to ER and know that there was nothing else that could be done - you gave him the gift of freedom from the horrible seizure. You set him free from the pain - now and any future pain. It's the most difficult decision and made with such love.

My heart goes out to you in your shock and sadness. What a wonderful BF Dave is to have such love for you and for Boomer - men like that are very special.

Boomer has been welcomed into the LL group at the Bridge - it's a special group of kitties from a special group of people.

Please know that your sadness is being felt by many tonight as evidenced by this thread - Boomer was indeed special and so very handsome.

Sending you many hugs and comforting thoughts - remember the fun times - the healthy times - the times he made you laugh and gave you such love. That will never leave you.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

96. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Traci, my heart is with you, just like the rest of your LL family. You have done all a human being can do for our feline loved ones - care, and love, and heal as much as you can, and help across the bridge when it is time. Boomer is free of pain, but his love with always be around you.

I am so glad you have Dave's support now. Sending many hugs.

97. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am so very, very sorry for your loss.

~M

98. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

Traci,

I am so very, very sorry to hear about this. Everyone knows how much you loved him and how hard you tried. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

99. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sad and so sorry for your loss.

100. Traci and Boomer

Hi Everyone-

I can't believe more people are still posting. I still check my posts here daily even though I don't have a cat anymore. It's a part of who I am. It really helps me to see that you guys are witnesses of how hard I tried to save Boo and how much I loved him.

Like I said, I am drawn to cats like a magnet, but I'd like to have a time where I can fully recover from all that's happened and begin to feel like I can confidently get another. I don't want to rush it. That said, I am still looking at the Siamese Rescue board and last night I went to PetSmart with Dave for him to retuirn something and I had a connection with a cat there. He was a large 6 month old long-haired buff colored boy. He looked like Scrabble. He meowed at me and we had eye contact. I didn't hold him or anything - but I felt something towards him. I am not ready for this!!! I need to find a way-maybe through volunteer work to be with cats but not own another one yet. Can I come to your houses and pet-sit for you? Wouldn't I be the perfect pet-sitter for the board's cats? Too bad we're not all in one state. You guys could all go on vacation and i could take care of your cats!

Since Boomer's passing I've spent 2 consecutive nights and days with Dave. We've not done that in at least 6 months, possibly longer because we've both had sick pets since we've met. This weekend I could stay with him the entire time and never have to go home. The thought of that is so BIZARRE I almost can't believe it. I think we got closer after the terrible experience with Boomer. he gets it. I'm gonna need to be there for him when Princess's time comes because his entire life revolves around her care. Sorry, I'm going on and on. I miss you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.