Boozle @ 60 for mid-cycle

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Tina and Boozle, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

Am I right in assuming that we should test him again every twenty minutes until it starts rising -- to make sure he does not drop below 50?

We offered him his regular food at testing time and he ate about 2.5 tsp.

He has been pretty high all week. We changed to a lower carb food, but he is eating more. We uped his dose to 1.25 from 1, and we changed the injection site to his side flank, when we were previously shooting near the clavicle. He has been dropping pretty well since then. Maybe it is time to take him back to 1u?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Did you just start home testing? Just wondering if there is any other data? If not, then I would say to test again in about a half hour. You are already at +6, so odds are that he won't drop much more. Food changes can bring about a big drop in BG, so it's a good thing you are monitoring.

3. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

He is at 74 25 minutes later, so he is climbing.

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I would probably test in 30 minutes just to make sure he is not continuing to drop. You are mid-way through the cycle, so hopefully, there won't be much more of a drop. Giving him regular food was a good choice.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Oh, funny, @Djamila. Same thoughts...

Djamila likes this.
  6. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

We started home testing when he was diagnosed last week. We usually keep the chart up to date and update it within minutes of testing. There isn't a lot of data, but what we have is all in there.

Djamila likes this.
  7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

That's actually a really great number for mid-cycle. You want something like that and since he's climbing again, definitely a good sign!

Djamila likes this.
  8. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

He was just diagnosed? I saw your start date back in November, so I assumed he'd been at this dance for a little while already. Well, welcome! I'm sorry you got the diagnosis, but great job getting started with testing and food change right away. Go ahead and drop back to 1u for your next cycle. He may be a little high since he isn't used to these green numbers. Or he might be responding to the food change and keep going with the low numbers. Either way, glad you're keeping an eye on him!

9. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

I joined back in November of 2013. Different kitty, though. :)
    We've done this before, so while I am fuzzy on the details, we had already learned ~ through this site~ how to get started.
    The spreadsheet was an indispensable tool with Frank, moreso than just with record keeping. When we finally got a grip on the trends and ways to problem solve difficult moments, it was easier psychologically too. We were able to focus on treatment rather than going into panic mode every time those numbers dropped. It was probably better for Frank, too. lol

Thank you all for the feedback!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  10. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

He was a little high at PMPS after that low, so I figured he would bounce. He's at 101 around mid-cycle with 1u, so maybe he is riding through it.
    He is obviously feeling better. He is flailing like a flippin' fish when we test him now. Grumpy old fart. Good to see him with a little fight in him, though!

Kris & Teasel likes this.