Bottle left out of fridge overnight

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Crista & Ming, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

As the title says, my sister left the prozinc out for probably the whole cycle since she dosed Ming last. I don’t know how long exactly but loooong lol. Thankfully I have an old vial with just enough for this AM dose.

I’m wondering how long is too long for a bottle to be left out?

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Oops! Well that happens. What’s the weather like? Check the bottle to see if there are any little “floaties” in it. If not, I’d keep using it and monitor to see if Ming’s numbers get worse indicating that the insulin may have gone bad.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It should probably be OK if the room isn't too warm.

4. Crista & Ming

I’d say the room was... normal hahaha. The fire place wasn’t on so it wasn’t roasting.

Cool! I don’t see any floaties and I’ll monitor if I use it again. My sister is going to see if my previous vet has a vial and we can have more back ups in case it happens again.

Thanks!!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  5. Crista & Ming

Also I’m so thankful for this forum. I read on other threads others keep almost empty vials just in case and I was JUST about to throw away my almost empty one before I read that. So glad I didn’t :)

Kris & Teasel and Djamila like this.
  6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Yup, it's handy to have a backup. I always leave a few days' worth or so in the vial when I switch to a new vial so I have time to get a new one in case of forgetfulness or other self-made "disasters" ;)

7. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

I was told a vial is only good for 30 days when opened and I would never use the whole thing in that time frame. Are you guys saying it’s ok to use until finished?

8. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Most of us use the vial past 30 days. Not necessarily all the way to the end though depending on your dose. I wouldn't use it more than six months tops.

9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

As long as it’s in the fridge it should be fine 3-4 months. It can last longer but yes I’d get new after 6 months or if you notice it losing effectiveness.

Djamila likes this.
  10. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Thank you. I assumed it was probably a marketing tactic by big pharma. Like aspirins go bad