bounce help

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kristin & Scout, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Very funny Brenda!!!

Tucker&Me likes this.
  2. Tucker&Me

Tucker&Me Member

:p she's on vacation, I just wanted to make her laugh!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey, even if she doesn't see this, you made me laugh!! PS. I purchase the Relion Prime meter and strips. It was the cost of me purchasing 100 Relion Micro strips. My savings will be about $ 36.00 bucks a month! Thanks for the tip. Every little bit helps.

4. Tucker&Me

Tucker&Me Member

Oh I am thrilled that I could help!
    Do you have any problems at all getting a blood drop large enough? I never have!
    Sometimes it looks soooo tiny, I think, "No way.." But it's always fine! Even on a retest.
    I can't imagine paying so much for strips, I'd go broke in a hurry! :)

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Kristin & Scout

Kristin & Scout Member

hi guys! i'm back from vacation and Scout is still alive so I'm happy haha I did a mini curve today and he's pretty flat... not sure if I should increase or decrease his PM shot?

6. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd increase. Maybe 2.5 the first cycle you can monitor? My thinking is that he is high and flat and I'd keep increasing every 3 cycles (or whenever you can monitor) until you see some downward movement. We tried the restart lower dose thing and he didn't improve so I think upward and onward.

Hope you had a great time and got to relax a little?

Can you start another thread? Anytime it gets to 2 pages, we lose ourselves.

7. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

Hey Kristin welcome back. I bet Scout missed you but it sounds like he was in good hands.

Definitely flat today but good that you were able to get a curve in today. I am betting that he has been running flat overall. If he were mine, I would start increasing. Are you able to monitor with an increase? How much were you thinking? 2.25u? 2.5?

I need to leave the house for about 60 minutes. I am sure others will chime in soon.

8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Welcome back Kristin! Hope you had a fabulous vacation with lots of rest and relaxing. I'm sure you needed it!

Yeah, he's pretty high and flat. Now that you're here, I think an increase to 2.5 would be good. Since he's in reds, going up by .5 might help you break through and get some lower numbers. :)

9. Tucker&Me

Tucker&Me Member

Welcome Back Kristin!!
    We are getting some very good numbers, doing that exact thing :) These girls are super savvy!
    What would we do without them?
    Glad you are back :bighug:

10. Kristin & Scout

Kristin & Scout Member

i will start another thread. i did 2.5 last night and his AMPS is at 175. this is driving me nuts! i have to leave and won't be home until late this afternoon so i might have to skip his injection this morning and then monitor throughout the night tonight

11. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Kristen, do you have time to stall. 175 is not so bad - especially if he'd go up to the 180+ range. Then you could shoot a smaller dose - maybe 1.5 and leave out food?

That number is so close to 200. I hate to have you skip.

Tucker&Me likes this.
  12. Kristin & Scout

Kristin & Scout Member

yes I tested a little early in case this happened so I have about 20 more min to wait.

haha leave out food! scout will scarf all that down before I even walk out the door. maybe I'll hide a bowl of food somewhere in the house and see if he can find it later while I'm gone

you don't think 1.5 is too much? I was thinking like .5 or 1 unit just to get something in him but dropping to 2.25 tonight for his PM dose

13. Sue and Oliver (GA)

One unit will at least keep him out of the real high ranges.

He is definitely a mystery. He was flying in the pinks and reds at 2 so 2.5 should have been okay. And it almost was - 178 is not a dangerous amps as long as it is rising. Yes, I'd try 2.25 for tonight and see what happens. It is such a delicate balance trying to get him lower by being a little aggressive because he always surprises us!

14. Kristin & Scout

Kristin & Scout Member

second test ~30 min later at 221. should I shoot 1.5?

15. Sue and Oliver (GA)

It is always important to go with your gut. If 1.5 seems like too much, then shoot less, Kristin. Regardless, we should be able to get back to this same range when you will be home to monitor.

I am encouraged he dropped! Maybe freeze a few food pucks so if you come up against this again, you can leave the frozen food out. At least it will take him awhile to eat it....

16. Kristin & Scout

Kristin & Scout Member

ok I did 1 unit before I ran out the door this morning. I'll definitely start freezing some of his food to leave out just in case from now on. I'll start a new thread next time I post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.