Bouncing all over the place! help!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tamala Poljak, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamala Poljak

Tamala Poljak New Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for some feedback from you all. My kitty Carter has been on insulin a couple weeks now. She recently changed to a low carb food, about 10 days ago. She keeps bouncing and testing about 325 in the mornings (I give her 1.0u of Lantus in the AM) and then 90-100 at night, 12 hours later. (no insulin). On the day that I tested her throughout the day she tested (AMPS) 323, (+2) 211, (+6) 91, (+9) 117, (PMPS) 154. I gave her 1.0u of Lantus in the AM after she tested 323 on this day and none at night. She is eating food that is 1.3g of carbs (rabbit). Any thoughts? today she tested 180 this AM and I'm not sure if I should give her any insulin? She is also constipated on the high protein diet. Any suggestions for the constipation?
    Thank you ALL!
    Warmly, Tamala

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

We can help you best if you set up your signature and the spreadsheet we use here:
    • click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    • click on "signature" in the men that drops down
    • type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using /glucose meter you're using/what he eats/any other meds or health issues he has.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

Re dose: generally if the evening BG is too low for you to give insulin comfortably the dose is a bit too high. However, Lantus can be given on lower pre shot BGs that other insulins. I recommend that you:
    • post on the Lantus for where you'll be in the midst of many expert users
    • read the yellow info stickies at the top if that forum's thread list.
    Congratulations on testing Carter's BG at home - best way to know what's going on and keep her safe. :)

3. Tamala Poljak

Tamala Poljak New Member

Thank you! will get to this ASAP...

tiffmaxee and Kris & Teasel like this.
  4. Tamala Poljak

Tamala Poljak New Member

Hi Kris and Teasel, is my signature showing up now?

5. Kris & Teasel

Yes, your signature text shows but not your spreadsheet. When I click on the link to it all I get is the page of instructions for how to set it up.

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

When I click on Carter's Spreadsheet I get what appears to be Carter's SS. The last entry is this morning with a PS of 315

7. Kris & Teasel

Yes, now I see his SS when I click on the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.