? Bouncing Baby...ok

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Becky & Baby Girl GA, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Help please...She’s a bouncer. Can someone suggest a way to stop this? Go lower a few cycles? Her pancreas is tired of it now & I’m worried! Thank you in advance for any advice.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Bouncy kitties are tricky! I suggest you try sticking to 1.4 u for the next several doses unless the PS is quite a bit below 200 - maybe below 180? You made a few dose adjustments based on a blue PSs and that might have contributed to the bouncing. My cat is like that - too many changes or changes that are too large and he's off like a rocket.

You have enough data now that I think you can test the waters of trying a full dose on a lower PS provided you are able to monitor and steer with food if needed. Another tool: you're using U100 syringes for ProZinc and there are a lot of in between doses to try like half way between he lines for a 0.1 u change instead of a full 0.2 u change using the lines.

Rubber kitties like these keep us on our toes!! :)

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Kris is a bouncy kitty expert! I think her advice is spot on. I know this is tough but hang in there. Bouncy kitties can get better. We had one on here who bounced for 2 years (extreme case obviously). One day, he started going down and sure enough bounced his way right into remission! He’s a bit of a legend here. So it does happen!

4. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Ok I’ll stick for awhile! Thanks for the input my dears!

5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Yup, I agree with Kris on this - the frequent dose changes are likely contributing to the bouncing. I think holding at 1.4 for a few days would be good.

6. Djamila

Oops. Should have hit refresh before I posted! :)

7. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Thanks again & I’ll tell her to stop it!!

Rachel, Kris & Teasel and Djamila like this.
  8. Becky & Baby Girl GA

I finally became bold (for me) last night & went ahead with her regular dose! Pmps low 200s-I stayed up late watching her. I think she got disgusted because I kept staring at her & asking if she was ok. Then of course I worried through sleep & got up at 3:00 am to test. Once I’m awake I can never go back to sleep.. running on empty today. But look at those nice numbers. I told her & she did! My sweet precious BGK!

9. Djamila

Now that's how it's done!!!! Good job, Becky! And what a pretty mid-cycle you got last night!

I talk to Sam like that too sometimes. "Now you tell me if you start to go low, okay?" :cat:

Way to be brave with shooting on a lower-than-normal PS. Doing that is how the PS numbers start to come down, and you did a good job keeping her safe. Here's a little something to help you through your sleep-deprived day: :coffee::coffee::bighug::coffee::coffee:

10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Beautiful!! :D:smuggrin::woot:

11. Becky & Baby Girl GA

:bighug:Thank you Djamila!!! I’ll need those today! I’m so proud of her! Thank you Kris! Thanks for helping me be brave!:bighug:

12. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Baby did great...and so did you!

13. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Thank you for encouragement & info Rachel! I need all the help I can get!

Magic Johnson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.