? Bouncing on Novolin N?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Bama Kitty Mom (GA), Aug 14, 2018.

1. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Bama has done well on Novolin N up until the past year. I am nearing the bottom of a vial, having used it for 4 months now, and am considering making an insulin change. I don't have a lot of data in his spreadsheet as I have only been testing regularly for about a month and I don't test every day. Could someone please take a look and comment as to whether he is getting too much insulin or not enough? The early readings from July were when he was not eating well. I was struggling to get him to eat 1/2 of his normal intake so I restarted his insulin at .5 units.

When he was diagnosed 4 years ago, the vet had me put him on Hills W/D dry and 4 units Novolin N, which he increased by 1 unit every week until he was at 6. No curves. Just had me bring him in every week until he declared him regulated at 6 then bring him once a month to test around supposed nadir. After a move, change of vet, change of environment [he became indoor only] two years ago, he gradually stepped down to 2 units last year. Diet has changed as well. Amazingly, he has never exhibited symptoms of hypo.

2. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

I’m new to this as well and mine is also on Novolin. What is your kitty getting for food now?