? Bouncing

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Peppersmom72, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

How do you get a sugar baby from bouncing so much?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I find that holding doses for several cycles and making any increases very small helps. And waiting.. lots of waiting for it to clear and calm down. :)

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I completely agree with FurBabiesMama. That's what I have to do with my very bouncy cat.

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Take away her trampoline? :D

Some kitties are just bouncy, but it looks like the dose has been changing a lot and by large amounts, and that can make bouncing worse. I would try to hold the dose as much as possible, and get mid-cycle tests whenever you are shooting on a lower than normal number. That way if it is too much, you can give some extra food to steer her back up. And if it's not too much, then you'll have the data to re-assure you the next time. And whenever you're in doubt, post and ask for opinions.

I know you're dealing with the work thing, and that does make it harder to hold the dose, but you're getting some good data that the 2u is safe for right now. Of course if she gives you a 152 or something, we'll need to think about it again...

5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Staple their paws to the bed of the trampoline. [​IMG]

(I jest! I jest!!)

For cats that drop fast and far at the beginning of a cycle to a low nadir followed by major bouncing, then strategic feeding in the early part of the cycle may help to reduce the steepness of the drop and the rate of descent. This may possibly reduce the size of subsequent bounces and even the cat out more. It may take a bit of experimentation to hit on the right level of carbs to offer and the size and timing of the snack.

Mogs

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.