Brady's dental today...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN), Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

...Good luck Brady. Breathe Marvie.

Big Man Brady is having a broken canine tooth extracted and sutured. He will be tested for FIV/FeLV before the procedure (oops we forgot to have that done before he traveled from Louisiana). He may also be getting full body X-rays, because of his mobility problems (it's hard lugging 25 lbs. around on a small frame).

DCIN will be able to fund $466 of this treatment, thanks to those who participated in the 2nd quarter 2010 fundraiser and to a very generous anonymous donor who has taken a special interest in Brady.

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

~~~~healing vibes~~~~~ to Brady for a successful dental procedure

3. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

I hope all goes well Brady and Marvie!

4. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

Update

Brady is FIV/FeLV NEGATIVE!!

5. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((((Brady)))) and (((((Marvie))))) ---please update us as soon as you can with his progress. He is such a cutie pie!!

6. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Yay for the negative status, what a relief.

Sending lots of healing vibes for a quick recovery for dear sweet Brady.

7. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending uneventful dental and fast recovery vibes for Brady!

8. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Thinking of you both ((((Marvie))))). Can't wait for this boy to get through all his poking, prodding and healing and finally into your lap and full run of his new home w/the rest of the zoo.
    So glad the tests came back neg..that's a good first relief. Wishing him an easy & quick recovery.

Will check on ya'll later...

betty

9. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Brady Boy is home! He is stumbling drunk, but he is home and we have been given the All Clear on isolation so as soon as he's able to walk straight and feels well enough to put down any issues Tux or the others might try to start... He will be allowed out of his room for the first time since his arrival!

His dental went well, and THANK YOU to all who donated to his fund! We couldn't have done it without that financial help and boy did he need it! The doc said he's pretty sure most of the snot is due to the abscess under the tooth. The tooth was quite loose and came out with no trouble. He now has shiny clean teefers and doc said he shouldn't even need pain meds =) I bet he will feel SO much better now! Poor guy!

I had full body xrays done because of his limping, we needed to know what is going on inside there. Well, we found out! He has been SHOT! He has buckshot throughout his body! There is also a pellet (from a pellet gun) in his tail, near the base. Doc said there is NO arthritis, he limps because he's a fatty ;-) I can fix that! Doc said there is no way to remove the buck shot and it doesn't seem to be causing him any pain or anything so there's nothing to be done. I asked if we should be concerned about any of those bits working their way into any organs and he didn't seem to be concerned about that so I guess Brady Boy just has to live with it.

So he is FiV/FeLV/Heartworm free, his broken tooth is now gone and the remaining teeth are nice and clean, no arthritis and his organs all look great. Oh, no parasites either in his poo. Waiting on urinalysis results because he didn't give up any pee till right before I left but they will call me with that when they have it. He's got a very clean bill of health =)

Doc suggests running the combo test again in 60 days just to be on the safe side, make sure he didn't pick something up right before he left the shelter or anything like that but otherwise they said they don't need to see him again for a while unless we have some problem =)

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart! :YMHUG:

And now I have to run out again for work. It's been crazy lately, that's why I've not been around much. I worked 18 straight hours on the 4th and have been working nearly as many hours most other days since my boss went on vacay. One more week then she'll be back and things should slow down some... though I hope not too much because I could still use the money :mrgreen: I'm handing out our cards at every opportunity and have a magnet on my van to advertise... hopefully we'll get enough business to keep us both busy for a long time to come! I wouldn't mind a day or even a few hours off once in a while though :lol:

10. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

That is all such great news, Marvie, especially that Brady now gets to come out of isolation. He loves other cats, from what I hear, and maybe they can help him exercise!!

11. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Brady is free!!

I let him out after I got home for the night, finally, at 9:30. He immediately found the cat door to my bedroom and investigated. He discovered the stairs and how to reach the soft bed :mrgreen:

Then he started meeting the rest of the family. My cats are badwords. Every single one of them has hissed or swatted at him. He turns his back on most of it but will swat back if he has to.

He met the dogs. A wee bit nervous about all those long legs but he's already put Boomer in his place :lol: Isis is crying at him a lot, like she did to the others when she first got here. She'll be fine with him and no longer cry in a few days. Boomer just wants to get his nose in Brady's butt but Brady isn't quite ready for that level of commitment :lol:

I thought Bella would take to him right off but even she is Miss Hissy Pants. Echo suddenly thinks he's the big man on campus with the hissy growly weird noise in his throat making self. Tugger growled, hissed, swatted and ran to defend the food bowls. Tux is his usual badword self, I expected no different. Brady boy will have to whup Tux's rear end... I bet once Tux has to really defend himself against a larger foe... yeah, I don't think it'll take him long to decide giving the big boy lots of space is best. :lol:

The Boy has taken Brady into his room, I think he's hoping to finally have a cat who sleeps with him all night :D The others either sleep with me or find a quiet spot wherever. Brady wants love so badly B thinks he'll lay down and cuddle. I think he'll bug the hell out of the kid and neither of them will sleep but we'll see :lol:

I've got to head to bed, another early day that is shaping up to be a long one... again. Oh but it is so much fun! I spend my day playing :mrgreen: It's the coolest thing ever!

12. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

SUCH GREAT NEWS! I wasn't expecting it to be tonight...I figured he was still all drugged up. Can you imagine...maybe he thought that was all part of the 'trip'.
    I sure hope they act nice. He's had way too rough a time and deserves some peace. I just want him to finally exhale and understand he is home.
    it's not like they didn't have time to get used to him, his scent had to at least make it under the door into the airwaves this last couple weeks.

Ok Brady, ...FINALLY

WELCOME HOME!

This is all so wonderful. YAY!! dancing_cat

(PS: Marvie: save all your dental tips for me. You know sooner or later we gotta do it.

13. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Free Brady!!! YEAH!!!! Very very awesome.

Keep us updated on how the setting in goes!!

14. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Keep us updated as to how things are going with Brady Marvie hope everyone accepts him soon :mrgreen:

15. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Yay Marvie and Brady! I'm so glad he's healthy, and he's finally been able to meet his new family! This is all such great news! :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.