Braveheart's coming home today!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by DeeC, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeC

DeeC New Member

Hello

My beautiful boy Braveheart was diagnosed with feline diabetes on Monday (30 April). His BG was at 27 when we brought him in, and spiked to 31 shortly after. Today we found out that he's finally stabilised and we can take him home this afternoon. Relief!

He'd been acting strange for a couple of months, but I chalked it up to our recent house move and my pregnancy. I knew it was something more serious when he stopped eating on Sunday, and his eyes started leaking green mucous. I feel like such a fool for not realising he was ill before! I really thought he was just adjusting to the move, and was maybe a bit uneasy about the pregnancy.

I've been visiting him at the vet this week, and he's looking much more like his old self now that he's started on the insulin and new diet. I'm so relieved to see he's looking better.

Before we take him home later, the vet is going to show us how to administer the insulin and start him on the new diet. I'm glad I found a the FDMB to help us along the way!

Dyana likes this.
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Glad Braveheart is doing better and coming home. Don’t beat yourself up for not recognizing the signs, many of us did the same.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

5. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

6. Chrissy66

Chrissy66 Member

Welcome and so glad to hear your baby is doing much better.

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! Don't let them talk you into the perscription food. Regular fancy feast classic is just as good.

Chrissy66 likes this.
  8. Chrissy66

Chrissy66 Member

Janet is right and I myself couldn't believe the ingredients in the Rx Diet. My Vet talked me into getting a can of Purina DM Rx Canned food and it wasn't good. We feed Candi Nulo and she loves it but also like Janet said Fancy Feast is just as good.

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Get him home first. We can help with everything else. It might take some time for him to adjust to home again, so just let him chill for awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.