Broke Loki's insulin bottle

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mimi4neeyah and Loki, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimi4neeyah and Loki

mimi4neeyah and Loki Member

OMG I really am so upset with myself, dropped a full bottle of Lantus tonight and it broke. Managed to save some and taped it but now have to see if Marks Pharmacy can send another asap. Not sure what else to do? Maybe call his vet and see if he has some?
    I could just scream at this. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Since it's a human insulin, most vets don't keep it in their offices and even if they do, you don't want to buy it from them if they re-package it (like sell you a few mls at a time instead of a whole 10ml vial) since there's no way to know how sterile their technique is or how old the insulin might be that they're selling you.

You might want to call around and see if you can find someplace that will sell you just one Lantus Solostar pen while you're waiting for your order from Marks (I also highly suggest you ask Marks to send you pens instead of a vial.....if you drop a pen, it's more than likely going to be just fine...but if it does happen to break, you'll still have 4 more in the refrigerator)

Your vet will have to write you a new script for you to get it locally though.

3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Wow, so sorry that happened to you. If you get another vial instead of a pen, get some bubble wrap and cover the bottle with it; that will help keep it from breaking if it gets dropped! :cat:

4. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

I have a spare vial of Lantus. $90 plus shipping. I can see about next day air shipping if you'd like!

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  5. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I threw a sandal (missed) when Lewis knocked Nigel's bottle off the table. That cat has a tail like Godzilla knocking down power lines and stepping on tanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.