Brutus off the wagon help please

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by steve and brutus, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve and brutus

steve and brutus Member

After 2 years off lantus Brutus has bg high numbers again.We don't why, except that about a month ago he raided a dry food bag that was left out, who knows how much he ate.Also stress beacause of company for about a week in our house.he tested 250 bg before eating, 380 after eating. ,this is heart breaking for us to start him back up on insulin again after two years.We have no more lantus so we have to take him back to vet to get blood work done to get a scrip for lantus, the only way they will do it.Anybody have a cat that has had to go back on insulin after this long? did you get him back off again? It will be at least a couple of days before we get him to vet.Asd yet he is not drinking any water or peeing more than normal.i niticed he lost about a pound and a 1/2 so thats when we checked his BG's.

so we are back from the falls -hope it is temporary-any advise would help-

thanks the the support

Steve and Brutus

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

how are his teeth? Jill's Alex came back after 3 years because she needed a dental. She had the dental, and was back OTJ soon after. I would check that and get a regular vet exam and bloodwork because there could be something going on (teeth, UTI, etc.).

I hope your return here is a short one.

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I was just headed off the board and saw BRUTUS. Good to see you guys, sorry for the reason.
    Yes, other cats have come out of remission and gone back to OTJ.
    Hope you get the Lantus asap -- the sooner the better.
    Hope vet gives a good look see -- might be something else driving the numbers up.

4. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((((Steve))))) I can't offer any advice on this situation but I feel for you. I would think that the fact he is not showing immediate signs of PD and PU you have a good chance of remission again? Hang in there....this is still a great place to be for support and advice. I know some beans have their babies come back from the falls but I don't know about the time tables. I'm sure others will come along. Hugs to you and purrs and scritches to Brutus :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sorry you guys are making a return visit. Don't sell the condo at the Falls quite yet. Maybe all Brutus wants is to catch up with some old friends and meet a few new friends. As Libby and D noted, there have been kitties who have come back for a visit.

6. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Hi Steve and Brutus ! Welcome back -- sorry you *need* to be back and are not just stopping by to check in.

I actually think its a good thing Brutus is going in for some bw and a check over by the vet.
    Important to make sure something else isn't going on causing those numbers to jump up. ( like dental issue already mentioned) Hopefully it is nothing more than a blip from his romp in the dry.

Will look for your post to see how the vet visit worked out.
    There is a coupon posted in supply closet for lantus . here is link:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10003

Take it along to vets so they can write it out per the coupon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.