BS 280–shot??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Louie B, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louie B

Louie B Member

louies BS was 280 tonight. His shot is in an hour. Should I even give it to him? I’m new to the goucometer scene, and this is the first time it’s been under 400 before shot time. He takes 1.5 Lantus 2x/day.
    Why is it so low today? I’m starting to wonder if my minnow treats have carbs. They are freeze dried, all natural. He may have just been inside so much today he didn’t get his tummy full of junk food cruising the neighborhood.

2. Harley Baby & Michele

Harley Baby & Michele Member

Hi. I would suggest you post insulin questions on the Lantus Forum. You can also put a " ? " or " 911 " at the front of your thread title to alert people you have an urgent question. You will also need to build a Spreadsheet and Signature line so people know about Louis. It is difficult to offer suggestions without any background info.

I won't make any insulin suggestions because half the time I don't know if I am even making the right decisions. :banghead:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/lantus-basaglar-glargine-and-levemir-detemir.9/

3. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

freeze-dried minnow treats don't have carbs, carb treats would up BG not lower it anyways.

280 is still on higher side, so yes, you would still give him his injection tonight. if it scares you, than give only 1 unit but, i personally would still give a full dose at 280.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.