Bubble in vial of Lantus

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by skippy and birten, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Hi,

Somehow I got a bubble in the vial and it has been there for over a week. Does this ruin the efficacy of the insuling? If so I will open a new vial.
    Thanks for dropping.

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

The bubble should not be a problem. It resulted from the air you injected into the vial when you drew insulin. It's common to have those bubbles.

With Lantus, you should be concerned if you see "floaters" in the insulin.

3. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

In the future, never inject air back into the Lantus bottle or cartridge. See the Lantus sticky for how to correctly draw up a dose: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=151

The one bubble shouldn't be a problem. If you start seeing wonky bg numbers, then start a new cartridge.

4. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Yes the stickies for lantus does mention about not injecting back into the vial which I am totally aware of. However, it happened somehow and initially was on big bubble then became several small and the one big one. I was able to pull it into the syringe only after it was in the vial for over a week. I have noticed some wonkiness with his SS but not sure if it has to do with dose decrease, moon, life and or just wanting my attention. :) so I threw it out today and started a new one! Hope I see some changes. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.