Buddy 8/27 AMPS 331; +1 303

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly and Buddy, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

I used to love the color purple... :(

Sneaky boy found a bowl in sink that had BW3's "Asian Zing" sauce in it AND he was licking away when I walked in. I knew he would pay for that. Don't think he licked very much BUT it doesn't take much. It's loaded with sugar and definitely earns its name (HOT!!!). I'm hoping the diarrhea and higher #s are a result of that bad choice of snack.

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Yep, red's my favorite color but ooo does it make my angry seeing it on my spreadsheet! Oh Buddy! Lou never begged for food or got into food in the kitchen before his diagnosis, but he's been just awful the last few months! I feel your pain! The icky poo and high BGs are most likely from the contraband. I hope he utilizes them quickly for you!

Kelly and Buddy likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I don't even want to say what Luci ate this morning - I found a Hershey Kisses wrapper...all mangled at the bottom of the stairs:mad::mad::mad:....why oh why have I got this ADDICT cat to deal with? She's awful...seeks it out...finds it...even buried at the bottom of a trash can INSIDE of another wrapper...very distressing...and she just saunters off...like 'so what'...I want to cry :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Kelly and Buddy likes this.
  4. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

@Amanda and a Loudogg and @Sue and Luci - THANK YOU for making me smile and not feel like the biggest failure ever as a sugarcat mom. :) I feel like every other day I am posting about Buddy and his snacks. He was never like this before either and now he is awful. If he hears a can open, the refrigerator open, or a plate clink he comes flying. Anything, and I mean ANYTHING left out he finds. He tears open bags and pries open doors. It's so frustrating for me and I feel so sorry for him. Despite only being 8.5 pounds and eating 13 ounces of food a day, he can NOT put on weight. I hope, over time, this will improve.

This is me...every, single day! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Well you know you're not alone...it is SOOOOOO Frustrating for me!:arghh::arghh::arghh: I'm doing everything my power to help this silly girl and she seems to throw it in my face - forever getting into things that are going to make her SICK! or sicker with her FD...I feel your pain...and Luci reminds me once again who's in charge around here...lest I make a mistake or put something in the trash that isn't in a bulletproof container! I'm grateful she doesn't have opposable thumbs - I'm afraid she'd lock me out of the house and go wild - have a big party -and eat everything in the house..grrrrrrrr....:banghead::banghead::banghead: All we can do is continue to try to outsmart them...maybe it's a lost cause? But I keep trying...what else can we do? Hmm...us sugar mama's had better stick together! :bighug::bighug:

6. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Agree 100%. The opposable thumb comment had me laughing out loud because it is SOOOO true!! It's a good thing Luci and Buddy aren't friends; I can only imagine the trouble they'd get into!!

7. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

It's sad when you're thinking of babyproofing a house when there's not a babe in sight. I always say, who needs kids when you have cats, haha! :joyful:

Kelly and Buddy and Sue and Luci like this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

OMG! We could start a 12 step program for our addict cats! The only thing that comes to my mind with Bubba and him getting into something was some bacon grease that was still in the frying pan on the stove and he got into that and did some licking. Bacon is cured with sugar......and then another time he jumped up onto the stove and licked some barbeque pork out of the frying pan....:banghead:

Kelly and Buddy and Sue and Luci like this.
  9. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

A 12 step program is definitely needed!! This morning, I had a brand new loaf of bread, double bagged on the back of the stove. Took a shower and came back find find it in the floor. He had torn through both bags in several places but it did not appear that he actually got a bite of the bread. I am constantly worried about what he is in. I would love to leave 10 cans of food out for him just to see how much he would eat. I seriously think he would eat himself into food coma!!!!!

10. Sue and Luci

I'm not so sure THEIR food would be the big attraction...but OUR food definitely is! Luci has done the same thing with bread...fresh bread from Costco, a tomato tart I'd left out to cool (yep, she was eating the crust!); cornbread - everything wrapped of course - but those plastic bags are no match for Luci-Beast! When she turns into something like 'the hulk' gets up on the counters and goes completely wild ripping and tearing at bags -even double bags - no match for the teeth she has left (she has lost teeth)...I'm still always dismayed to see how well she can rip a plastic ziplock or two to shreds to get to the prize inside...:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  11. Sue and Luci

@Kelly and Buddy - he's sure beautiful! Reminds me of our GA Emily - he (yes, it was discovered later that he was a HE) after we named him 'Emily' - he adopted us and we thought he belonged to some girl down the street named Emily...so after that we called him Mr. Emily or Mr. E - he was a lovable boy. I'll never forget him...very sweet cat!

12. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

He is a sweetheart. I hate that he has FD but I could not have asked for a better first time patient because the is such a patient patient!

Funny enough, your Luci looks like my sweet Shoop, a feral that I trapped and semi-tamed into an indoor cat; she passed about 5 years ago. I am a sucker for a tuxedo cat! :)

Oh, your comment about Luci going all "Hulk" had me rolling. I can totally see Buddy the same way!!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. Sue and Luci

Just catching up this morning - I noticed on your SS that you're a teacher - you may want to consider an automatic feeder for those days when he throws you a nice low blue or a green - OMG:eek: - to start the day! Nothing worse than needing to leave for work and there he is sitting in the greens...it'll freak you out!:eek::eek: Set up the auto-feeder with some MC FF and let that thing spin every hour so he's not going down, down, down while you're at work. Work is work..and unavoidable...so be prepared...or have a backup person who can come in to check on him. I live in a rural area and there is no one to come in and check on Luci - I bought an auto-feeder from Amazon and it's saved us a few times when we couldn't be here to watch Luci chase the sharks...she's really bad about that...and then I've had to cancel a few things to sit at home with her (before I bought the feeder)...This is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-5-Me...35711604&sr=1-8&keywords=automatic cat feeder

Hope that's helpful - or maybe you've already got one...Buddy is looking a little high right now - are you thinking of a dose increase?:bighug::bighug:

14. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

I've had a horrible time with auto-feeders. I bought the PetSafe5 and it malfunctioned within a week. I contacted them and they sent me a replacement. My 3rd day using it, I came home to find it only rotated 1/2 way. I don't know why I've had such a hard time with it. I contacted PetSafe again and decided to try the two compartment feeder, which they kindly shipped overnight. PetSafe customer service is AMAZING!!!! So far, the new feeder has worked fine BUT I am so paranoid a day will come when it doesn't open and Buddy really needs the food.

Funny enough, I just posted a new thread about dose increasing. I just moved Buddy off of .25 dosing last week because he dropped into the 40s. I feel like I can't find a dose that works; I'm either too high or too low. This weekend, I plan to remove Friskies completely from his diet and feed only FF. I may also try an even LC FF to see if I can get his numbers down without increasing his dose. When I had him on .25 earlier in the summer and fed on FF, he stayed low enough that I rarely could inject twice a day so I added some Friskies back in. Then again, with our food addicted cats, I always wonder if he's found some hidden morsel of food (like a yummy hershey kiss ;)) that bumped his numbers or is he really that high??

If he continues to stay so high, I guess I will go back to .25 (which means I will also have to change his food back). I just can't find that sweet spot. :banghead::banghead: