Buddy 9/22 AMPS 300; +2 274; +4 227

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly and Buddy, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Last Post

I am so confused and discouraged. I increased Buddy's dose last night which has made this morning's readings a bit of a disappointment. I was hoping to see some blue at +6 but instead I got readings in the 300s. I took two readings, seconds apart and got a 336 and a 373. Neither of those are good but the 40 point difference is an entirely different concern.

I know bounces can occur when dose increases happen BUT doesn't that typically only happen IF they drop low in a cycle? I see nothing to indicate this is a bounce or am I missing something.

None of this makes sense to me. Should I be looking for other explanations (bad insulin, needing a different insulin, something else going on with Buddy) or is this just part of the "wait it out" process in regulating diabetes?

Feeling pretty discouraged. :(

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

The depot has to adjust a bit yet. He is coming down though.

3. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

See my updated post. :(

4. Olive & Paula

It could be a bounce from the blue as he is not use to that at all. There is also something called NDW (new dose wonkiness) it when glucose rises after an increase. It's very short lived. It could be one or both happening.

Did you give 1 unit or .1 ? ss has .1.

5. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

Oh, how I hope you are right about either of those being the case!

Good catch on the spreadsheet!! I gave 1 unit (I think I've been so used to putting a decimal in I did it again). Sadly, his numbers look more like I had only given .1

6. Olive & Paula

Hang in there. They like to throw curves at us just because they can. My Smokey use to bounce from a yellow for months. Then bounced from blues.

Olive here after 7 months just had 4 hrs in green last night. It will be sometime before we see it again.

7. Kelly and Buddy

Kelly and Buddy Member

I just looked at Olive's SS and it does remind me of Buddy with the large swings and consistent yellows between shots. I hate it for you and Olive, but it does help knowing other people struggle with this too. You know what they say, misery loves company.

Hopefully Olive will surprise you with another green today.

8. Olive & Paula

It would be nice but she can't seem to pull it off 2 cycles in a row yet. Maybe someday.