Buddy's Mom needs help with dosing part 9

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Teresa & Buddy, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I was supposed to take Buddy back to the vet for another US, in one month. He has been doing fine, he is eating his wet food without crying around for dry food and not eating. I am afraid to see what this US shows, but I will make an appointment in a couple of weeks and at that time I will see if he will write me a script for Lantus. It would be a big help if Bud could take Lantus. I will be bugging all of you already using Lantus on what to do. If Bud goes on Lantus, Kris & Yong will go back to Prozinc.

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Alan Hamman. The other one that used to post a lot passed away a couple months ago. Someone posted on his account to notify us.

3. Teresa & Buddy

Have you moved, I could not find Maury when I was looking for his picture. When are you going to start the Lantus, looks like everyone is moving. When you buy from the Supply Closet can you use a CC or should you use PayPal. I need to ask Buddy's vet about Lantus, but I just did not want o pay for another office visit this month. Do you think it would be inappropriate if I would e-mail him and ask him to write a script for Lantus. Of course I will need to tell him all the reasons I need to switch, some people go by throwing out after 28 days and I do not know what he would think about getting meds from a Canadian pharmacy. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

4. Yong & Maury GA

Preparing to move :nailbiting:. I think it's safer to use PayPal. I don't think it would be inappropriate to ask via e-mail. The only future issue I see with ordering from Marks, for me, is having to be home, wait for the package, and sign for it. I will try Alan next time because he has better price ;)

5. Teresa & Buddy

I will do the same thing if Buddy's vet will agree to give me script. I am home most of the time, but when something comes in the mail that is when I had to go out to do something. I agree the price is much better and I have to watch money very carefully. Looks like Djamila is leaving too.

6. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

Yes, very vocal. I can relate to that, it causes a lot of stress, especially when the other cats chime in. Sometimes, I even have to put young Chico outside or in another room. Fuzma isn't quite as vocal. Anyway, I've gone back and forth with YA. Someone here told me that if I shake the bag a bit, it smells more appealing to the cats. I just gave Chloe some and she ate about a quarter cup, which is what is what she's supposed to eat on YA. She's a bit skittish and it seems that she doesn't liked being watched when she eats, so I take the bowl and put it on our bed. She owns the bed. So maybe put it in her territory.

7. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm never leaving. I might switch insulin if Sam doesn't get his act together pretty soon, but I'm still planning to hang out over here.

8. Yong & Maury GA

Ditto! :D

9. Teresa & Buddy

I see why your cat is very vocal, Siamese (spelling) are known to be vocal. Does Chico eat wet food also, or just YA.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  10. Teresa & Buddy

Good to here you are never leaving, Buddy does not have his act together either, his last dose was 6.2 u.

11. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hi Teresa,
    I think Buddy is bouncing quite vigorously since those recent lows. I suggest you increase by no more than 0.5 u so you can track his responses more closely. The larger increases of 1 u at a time close together might aggravate the bouncing. I truly understand how frustrating it is to see him so unpredictable but the smaller increases held for 3 cycles each are still the way to go. :)

12. Teresa & Buddy

I wish I had read this last night, I gave him 6.2 at PMPS last night. This morning he was at 72, it took me 2 hrs. of feeding LC wet food to get him up to 221, I gave him 5.6 this morning and I was a little leary of that since I will be gone this afternoon. What dose do you think I should start at and do you know of anything I can do to prepare for this afternoon.

13. Teresa & Buddy

14. Kris & Teasel

I went out early this AM and am only seeing this now. I didn't look at your SS last night so that's why you saw muy comment only this AM. I suggest you stay at 5.6 u for tonight at least.

15. Teresa & Buddy

When I first looked at this I thought you had posted last night and I was kicking my self all over the place. I gave buddy 5.6u before I saw your post, I have been gone most of the day (worried about Buddy the whole time I was gone) so hopefully he will not dip too low at PMPS. If he gets low, I will dose him lower and stay at each lower dose for 3 cycles. I do not know why but bouncing never entered my mind.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  16. Yong & Maury GA

Sometimes in the moment of worry our brains can still turn to moosh :bighug:

Teresa & Buddy likes this.
  17. Teresa & Buddy

Mine always does,

18. Kris & Teasel

I see the yellows you're getting, Teresa. The reason this same dose of 5.6 u gave you a lime green on June 26 was because it was the cycle after he had a dark green. Those lower numbers can increase their insulin sensitivity for a bit. Hence, a very low number in the cycle after a nice low. I'd try 5.8 u starting tomorrow morning. I also suggest you start a new thread. ;)

19. Teresa & Buddy

I am going to start a new thread, I will not be home to monitor tomorrow, do you think that would be a safe dose. I know his current dose his not the right dose. Are you and T celebrating Canada's Birthday. I did not know until recently that Canada set the White House on fire in the 1800s.

20. Kris & Teasel

If you'd feel more comfortable leaving him at 5.6 u tomorrow that's fine. One day won't make much difference.

I'm not really doing anything for Canada Day - never do. Sometimes I get the fancy jet formations flying over my condo building because I live quite close to Parliament Hill as it's called - where the government buildings are. If my apartment faced another direction I could see the fireworks tonight.

Yes, the White House fire happened during the War of 1812 before Canada was really a country. It was the British who wanted to give you Americans "what for"! :smuggrin:

21. Teresa & Buddy

Today when I went out, people were talking about the fireworks in this town, but I could not care less. The only thing I care about is my cat's getting scared, because of all the noise.

22. Yong & Maury GA

I'm less than 10 miles from a big city and can usually see the Fireworks from 5 places. Luckily not too much bang noise and Maury will join me in the extra bedroom and look at me like "how are YOU able to see birds at night? Isn't that why you're staring out the window?" :smuggrin: My greyhound (lives with parents) is afraid of fireworks / guns, (we did not know at the time) probably from her short career on the track. One year she let herself out the front door while we were out back. Luckily got her back so after that as long as someone stayed with her inside, she was OK :). They are pretty but I wouldn't want to have them close by if I knew my baby was scared, so I like being able to see them from a distance and very little noise ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.