Buddy's resuts on Acro testing!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

I'm going to type this as it is on the results sheets I got. Pay attention to the dates and the time stamps. Well even tho I'm confused at what he is saying here, at least Buddy's numbers are showing that he IS NOT Acro!!

PAGE 1 OF 1

Procedure: Ref.Range
    Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 68 (12-92)
    Insulin Autoantibody 72

12/18/2009 15:29 Endocrinology Interpretation
    The normal concentration of insulin-like growth factor 1 does not provide support for a differential diagnosis of acromegaly.
    For both dogs and cats, insulin autoantibody index result below a value of 20 are viewed as normal, or negative. This result supports a significant presence of insulin-binding antibody as a possible cause of insulin resistance. What signs are present?

Below-This info was after I think he talked to one of the Vets where I take Buddy.

PAGE 1 OF 2

12/18/2009 15:29 Endocrinology Interpretation

December 31, 2009 This report is reissued in follow-up to additional information on the history of insulin treatment in this cat. The approach to dealing with insulin autoantibody formation as the cause of insulin resistance is not well defined. One option is to try other forms of insulin. Regardless of the form of insulin, one can be on a 'roller coaster' of increasing the dose of insulin and then getting a response of hypoglycemia necessitating a decrease in the dose.

PAGE 2 OF 2

12/18/2009 15:29 Endocrinology Interpretation:
    Report revised on 12/31/2009 14:16
    Previously reported as:
    The normal concentration of insulin-like growth factor 1 does not provide support for a differential diagnosis of acromegaly.

For both dogs and cats, insulin autoantibody index result below a value of 20 are viewed as normal, or negative. This result supports a significant presence of insulin-binding antibody as possible cause of insulin resistance What signs are present?

Signed
    Kent R Refsal DVM PhD
    Professor, Endocrinology.

ANY THOUGHTS ????????Jan and Buddy

Buddy's SS- http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

Buddy-DX 9/18/09

Insulin-Lantus
    Jan and Buddy

Private message

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.