Bumps on Skin injection sites

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by nekomemeng, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nekomemeng

nekomemeng New Member

Hi-
    Just wanted to ask, recently, I started to notice bumps on Neko’s injection sites, is this normal? Will it go away? So far we are using U40 insulin syringe for 8months now.

thanks in advance!

2. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

freaked me out when i noticed them bumps in beginning, made me think of the vaccine lump thing!!
    tux did get a lot of them bumps early on when i was using the same side for a few months straight, now i switch injection sides every couple plus months when i start noticing his skin area feels thicker on some spots and it goes away on its own after you give area a break for awhile.. smaller gauged syringes (higher the gauge the thinner the needle) helps lessen it i think, we use ultra thin ones now.. It says your kitty is 18lbs so it could very well be just the excess fat under his skin causing it a lot more than most when you give him his insulin injections, which can cause fat accumulation bumps on injection sites so it is normal....but, if getting them in other area that are not injection sites, void my comment and take kitty to a professional..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.