Buprenex shot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by allie and newkitty, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allie and newkitty

allie and newkitty Member

Newkitty was in a lot of pain this morning and it was obvious at the vet today. They gave her a Buprenex shot while there. When we got home I put her on the couch and she just sat there staring. She has put her head down a few times but can't seem to sleep. They also gave her 200 mls of fluid but she has not peed. I guess I was just expecting more normal behavior. They gave me 2 to-go shots and I know she will be in pain when they wear off. Kind of concerned...

2. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Hi Allie

It is good to see you around, despite the circumstances. Thank you for your comment on community.

She may just be feeling a little 'high'; the shot won't keep her awake, so she'll sleep when she's sleepier. She may not have peed yet because she was dehydrated and her body needed the fluid.

3. allie and newkitty

allie and newkitty Member

Thank you so much, Jess.

Just realized our other girl had diarrhea and inappetance earlier this week. And now our boy kitty who picked at his dinner the last 2 nights, had diarrhea in his litter box and out, and won't eat dinner. Newkitty is the sickest, but then she was the unhealthiest to start, not to mention the pred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.