Butchie's son Hossie needs prayers please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ceil99, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceil99

ceil99 Member

One of Butchie's sons is having a hard time for the past few months. He is losing weight, needs a dental and is now taking AB. The vet does not feel his thyroid being abnormal or anything. He said lets keep him on AB for about a week to 10 days, will take him back for bloodwork to see if he is ok for a dental.

Not sure how things will turn out. nailbite_smile

I bought A/D for him, even though I HATE SCIENCE DIET. But I figured it was easy for him to lick and higher in calories. Anyone have any better ideas that are in the same consistency and calories? I can also syringe it to him when he gets fussy and won't eat. He is having some constipation issues also, so I am giving him Miralax twice a week to help with that.

He needs a dental, but he is almost 16 (in January....) and I hope he is ok for it.

Sorry I haven't been around too much lately. It will be 1 year August 29th that Butchie passed and I am still having a hard time with that. I know as it gets closer, I will be a mess. :YMSIGH:

If anyone has any prayers and good wishes that he is ok and that the dental goes ok and he gets back to normal, we would appreciate it. cat_pet_icon

2. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

I have no food suggestions, but I do have lots of good thoughts and prayers, for both you and Hossie.
    Dana

3. ceil99

ceil99 Member

4. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

good thoughts sent your way! How about feeding Evo 95% or Wellness? They are very smooth and can be thinned with water. You also might do better to add a small amount of Miralax in every meal, that way the poops are all hydrated rather than intermittently softened. I give Coco the Miralax every meal, between that and Cisapride he is pooping much more easily.

What a beautiful gray boy.

laur

5. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Ceil I'm sorry I didnt see this sooner. Certainly will send prayers for your dear Hossie.
    j.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.