Cabergoline gone bad?

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Deena and Malby, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deena and Malby

Deena and Malby Member

Has anyone noticed their Cabergoline changing color? I just got a new bottle and noticed how different the medication looks! I'm wondering if that's a normal thing and shouldn't have any affect on the medication or if it means it has gone bad?
    I've uploaded a pic for reference. The older medication is the bottle on the left (Carmel color).
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Mom2Maverick

Mom2Maverick Member

I think the best bet would be to call the pharmacist to see if they have changed the way they have prepared it.

3. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m just seeing this post now. I had the same issue with Gizmo’s cabergoline back in November (although it wasn’t quite as clear as yours). I didn’t call the pharmacist on the first bottle, but when I got a second bottle like that and his numbers started to rise, I called the pharmacy. They told me it was just due to the amount of flavoring added and that it wouldn’t affect the meds. I left it at that, but when I got a new bottle this month, it is back to normal and Gizmo’s numbers have gotten better. :confused: It could be any number of factors, but sure looks connected to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.