Can cat "boosters" affect BG levels (or Insulin effectiveness)?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Schmill, Feb 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmill

Schmill Member

We've been monitoring and adjusting Dusty's BG levels & insulin dose, after backing it right off and "starting again" since we thought she was bouncing. We've only been increasing the dose in 0.25 units at a time to try and avoid "missing the sweet spot", but have this morning got an unexpectedly high reading since we last increased the dose (data not yet added to the SS).
    Unfortunately our last increase AND her annual boosters both occurred between the last curve we took and the one we took today, (in hindsight less than ideal), so now I don't know if the high reading is due to the revised dose, or whether her boosters (last Friday) are likely to have had any effect on the BG levels?

Just wondering if anyone has ever observed any correlation between annual boosters and BG levels? If not we'll be dropping her dose again I think.

Thanks!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Vaccinations can make a kitty feel unwell for a little while and this could possibly affect BG level like other issues (UTI, dental disease, etc.)

Re dosing: I think there are a few things you can do to optimize your bouncy kitty's response. I suggest you post on the ProZinc forum for help with that if you're interested. :)

Schmill likes this.
  3. Amina&M'row

Amina&M'row Member

M'row got rabies booster yesterday; as the vet said he would be, he was a little tired for next few hours. His BG (I check twice a day, just before Lantus) seemed unaffected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.