Can I get some special FDMB vines for Rosa's civvie twin, Regan please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by manxcat419, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

My poor little Regan is so very sick. She was diagnosed 21 months ago with VPCs that the cardiologist at the time thought were non life-threatening. She had done really well in the meantime, with her last check up in September finding that things were much the same, so we weren't too concerned although her intermittent heart arrhythmia remained.

Last week, we noticed that she seemed to be putting a little more effort into purring. We called our vet who said that it might be a pain response as her gabapentin dose (for her gingivostomatitis) has never been increased since we started her on it. We increased her dose for 3 days, but didn't see an improvement. So we took her to the vet yesterday. Her chest was full of fluid - they couldn't even see her heart on X-Ray. So it was off to the ER for us. They drained 170 ml of fluid and found that her heart is enlarged.

Today, she saw the cardiologist. The news isn't good. She has a rare condition in cats - ARVC. What is it with this cat and the rarest conditions out there? The cardiologist has only ever seen 3 cases. None of the vets around here have seen Bowen's disease in a cat before she developed it. Long story short, her atria are non-functional and her right ventricle is severely damaged. She shouldn't even have been breathing at all by the time we got her to the vet, yet her symptoms were so mild that the vet thought it was most likely going to be the scar tissue in her lungs from pneumonia as a kitten that has caused mild breathing issues on and off until we saw the X-Ray. They're only giving her a few weeks with supportive meds. She isn't a candidate for a pacemaker as she wouldn't survive the anesthesia, and it would only extend her life by a few more days anyway. Yet she's happy. She eats, drinks, purrs and want cuddles. She wouldn't even stop purring at the vet yesterday - they had to ask me to take my hands off her so they could hear her heart over the purring. And I can't stand it. I already lost Rosa much too young, and now I'm losing her twin as well - she's not even 15 yet. I feel as though I've got nothing left that matters any more. And the only place I know where miracles sometimes happen is right here on the FDMB. So please, if any of you have any vines to spare, send them Regan's way. She needs all the help she can get. She's so not ready to go yet - she really, truly isn't. She's happy and loving life and it's just so unfair.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh April.....that just plain sucks!!!

So sorry you're having to go through such a devastating diagnosis again.

Of course I'll send out the A #1, biggest, baddest vines I can find!!....Bringing out the kudzu!!
    [​IMG]

manxcat419 likes this.
  3. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear about Regan's ARVC! Sending mega-vines, as well as prayers for healing, strength, and peace.

wall of vines.jpg wall of vines.jpg wall of vines.jpg

(((((Hugs))))) for you and gentle scritches for Regan. :bighug::cat::bighug::cat::bighug::cat::bighug:

manxcat419 likes this.
  4. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Kia Ora April.

Sending you some fortifying vines from all across the world . These are just up the road from me & i send them with strong thoughts and wishes that your lovely Regan is given all the time that you and Regan need. :bighug:

Screenshot (101).png

manxcat419 and Squalliesmom like this.
  5. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

Thank you all. It was such a shock diagnosis - none of us expected this at all. I just feel broken. I know Regan's the one with fluid build up, but I feel as though I'm the one who can't breathe tonight. Regan, of course, is just happy to be home from the ER - she hasn't stopped purring since we picked her up this afternoon. And we'll fight for as long as she wants to - whether that's a day, a month, or dare I even hope for a little longer.

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: For you and your little girl ...

manxcat419 likes this.
  7. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Praying for you and Regan

manxcat419 likes this.
  8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers 9FF207A7-E533-4531-B1B0-EFB81C3E00C2.jpeg

9. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

11. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Sending tons and tons of prayers and vines for you and Regan:bighug::bighug::bighug:

manxcat419 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.