Can Ondansetron be crushed?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by nslade001, Jun 13, 2019.

1. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I just posted on health but thought I'd cross post because I know many here have used Ondansetron.. can it be crushed and added to food, or is it too bitter? I hate pilling Willow because of hurting her poor teeth, but she's starting to pick her meatballs apart.

Thanks so much, with love, nikki

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I know they can be cut in half. Never tried adding to food. Try a shaving off a sliver of a tab and see if you can tell if it is bitter. Won't hurt ya cause it us a human drug :D

nslade001 likes this.
  3. nslade001

Lol I suppose I could! I'll try it in the morning. With love, Nikki

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I tasted everything before I added to the food. Lol.

The only thing I could never figure out was what it was with "oil". Gizmo must have not liked the way it felt in his mouth. I tried fish oil, vitamin E, CBD. He would not touch food with any of it in it. None of it had much flavor to it. o_O:joyful:

I used gel caps with butter on them and a pill popper to give Ondan and Cerenia.

nslade001 likes this.
  5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I tasted Cerenia - which is what I give Leo for nausea. The cerenia is one real bitter pill.

I tasted the crushed B12 (Zobaline), and couldn't taste anything...which is what they advertised.

nslade001 likes this.
  6. nslade001

And yet cerenia is the *one* pill we've always been able to meatball with zero issues (usually if she tastes a thing, that's the end of the meatball). Until yesterday of course when she added cerenia to her do-not-eat category, but then we powdered in food and no problem. Back to eating them this morning lol. Cats.

I'm so sorry Leoberry is on another downward trend. Hubby and I had a mini breakdown over Willow yesterday. Kitties getting old sucks.

With love, nikki

JeffJ likes this.
  7. nslade001

Update...Yes, it can be crushed and added to food (at least small doses, we did 1/4 tab, 1 mg) But we're so incredibly lucky, Willow takes a lot in food without a problem. We'd all be up the creek otherwise.

With love, nikki

8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That good to hear about crushing ondansetron.

Thanks for kudos on Leoberry. Real sick cats are stressful for the whole family. One of our challenges are the dogs. Whenever Leo has eating issues, we try 4 or 5 foods. The dogs are inches away, trying to steal it. Last night we locked the dogs in the bedroom when we were trying to get Leo to eat.

nslade001 likes this.