Can someone please help me!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mrstho, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrstho

Mrstho New Member

My 15 1/2 year old Siamese, Chloe, was diagnosed with hyperthyroidsm last year, I have given her the gel in her ear and she was doing well until last weekend when she stopped eating and "crashed". Took her to the vet and she was diagnosed with kidney disease, she stayed overnight on IV fluids and her numbers went down. I'm giving her sub q fluids for the past 3 days and there is absolutely no difference in her. She hasn't eaten, she'll walk about two feet and lay down. What I guess I need to know is should she be responding by now? Should I say good bye tomorrow? I am so beyond broken hearted and I know she is miserable. Help, please Sandy

2. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Hello, I'm so sorry your going through this. I'm new so can't offer any advice but there are lots of lovely people here who I'm sure will jump in and help you out.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

she needs food. I would water down some pate food and put it into a feeding syringe and force feed.

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Is Chloe on any other meds? It's very important that she eat. Try some baby food, make sure it's all meat and broth, no seasonings, onions or garlic.

5. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Is she also diabetic?

Also, if her meds are being given transdermal (in her ear), you need to regularly clean the goop off her ear. The goop will keep the med from getting to the skin. I used a little rubbing alcohol on a pad or paper towel.

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Her electrolytes may be low, causing difficulty standing and walking. Contact your vet asap.

See also www.FelineCRF.Org for tons of good info on CRF.

7. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

would like to hear from you if she's eating yet.....

sometimes you can get them to lick off your finger....
    but syringe feeding is necessary.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.