? Can there be such a thing as no nadir?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by apple, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple

apple Member

Is there ever such a thing as no nadir in a cycle? Or no nadir in a couple of cycles? Is that a thing?

I'm up, I'm testing, I've got supplies, I'm just wondering if it's a thing?

Amps

+3

13% ff offered @+8/+9/+10 (he ate a bite here and there)

Pmps

+2

+4.5

Edit to add:
    AM cycle had no nadir,
    PM cycle did
    +6

+7

+8.5

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  2. GinnyBarr

GinnyBarr Member

My kitty has stayed flat sometimes. Idk why. I'm not experienced enough, I just know it happens, lol.

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You can't possibly tell if there is no nadir with those few tests. You have to do a curve or do more random spot tests throughout the cycle.

Some cats who are not yet at the right dose will be high and flat. It might be difficult to discern a nadir if you don't know what you are looking for.

We've asked you multiple times to do a spreadsheet. I will have to add my name to the list of those who are not willing to post to you any longer without one.

There is another Feline Diabetes forum which does their numbers like you do and they don't use spreadsheets. You might prefer to post there.

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Leo doesn't nadir very well. If we increase his dose, he tends to bottom out. It is kind of like he is always on the threshold of having BG just a little too high. Then a small increase sends him over that precipice down to 90 at hour 12. So his lows are usually 180-220. Yeah, I know, not the best, but neither is a hypo. And I've seen too many of those on the forums here.

Plus he is an Acro cat. So he may not have pancreatic diabetes. I probably need to get his IGH retested since it has been over 6 months since the SRT (radiation) treatment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.