Can we have an update on all high dose babies!

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake

Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake Member

New babies too!? cat_pet_icon

2. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Jennifer!

Leo's doing pretty darn well. We had a recent nasty bout with constipation but we got our new Miralax dose figured out and things are moving right along now :mrgreen:

He's still on his heart meds, haven't seen any difficulty with them at all. His dose is pretty stable at 25.5u BID Lev, and I almost never have to use R unless he raids the kids' (feline not human) higher carb gravy foods. I'm pretty relaxed about that, if he eats it, he eats it. I think having a brain tumor gives you an automatic pass to periodically have food that is not necessarily good for bg's LOL

I've noticed his breathing is ever-changing. He is learning to breathe out of his mouth, which makes for some rather unusual noises from time to time. Sometimes he exhales with a big "Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" which invariably prompts Ronnie to ask if our air brakes need work LOL

Whole cat report is very good. He doesn't have too much pain, sometimes I can see he has a headache and gets a little bupe but overall he is feeling good. I can always tell because he has his huge fluffy tail waving high in the air when he's feeling right.. and that's most of the time now. I wish he had more energy, but I recognize the heart and size issues stand in the way of that. I'll take a big purring cat sleeping on my foot any day of the week. :smile:

((((hugs)))) to you!
    ..C

3. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Fletcher is... status quo. No improvement, no real changes for the worse. Been giving him the Eukanuba Maximum Calorie but no weight gain-- weighed him the other night and he's down another 3 oz (hoping maybe he just hadn't pooped that day yet). Still need to finish shaving him.

4. Girlcat

Girlcat Member

5. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

We were cruzin' along really good with a few dose reductions in a row getting down as low as 3u. Then, late Nov a pancreatic flare up and his numbers started to climb along with dose. We are currently back up to 4u and the last week or so we have been seeing really nice numbers again, with just a few annoying bounces.

It's been exactly 1 year since he had his 1st fraction at CSU and goes on the 25th for his final follow-up appoint in Saskatoon.

He is a happy boy!

Hugs to all,
    Wendi & Milo

6. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

Hi everyone, we are doing pretty good. We have had to decrease to keep Chika out of the mid greens but I am having abit of trouble finding the blue balance. Decrease and she goes yellow, increase and back to mid green. She is currently on 7.0s bid.

Abit of constipation, which is also new for her. So far she is managing but I am going to look into a Canadian equivalant to Miralax.

Chika's breathing is noisier and she makes kind of squeaky noises when she eats.

She isn't overly active but she is very quick to purr and always ambles over to the kitchen mat (even if she is in bed!) when she hears the clicking of her lancet.

Her appetite has decreased somewhat. She was quite a hoover, so even with decreased appy she is still getting plenty of eats!

I wish I could gauge better how she feels. Even though I don't post often I am so grateful to have other acro beans a keystroke away.

7. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

Canadian equivalant to Miralax is called "Lax A Day" the packaging and ingredients are exactly the same as Miralax just the name is different.

8. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

Thanks Wendi! :razz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.