Can you look at my SS and tell me what it is doing, Prozinc

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peggy and Mickey (GA), Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

Mickey an enigma. We had pretty good numbers and raised the insulin. Now we are back down with high 300's. I am confused.

Thank you in advance..Much appreciated :mrgreen:

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Can you look at my SS and tell me what it is doing?

What kind of insulin, Peggy?

You have never gotten low numbers. Two ideas: increase by .25 and hold for a few days and see if there are any changes. Or has he been checked out recently for other issues like an infection or tooth problem?

3. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Oh sorry, it is Prozinc. I took him in a couple of months ago for blood work and all was ok except the FD was back. I am using the 100u syringes.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I used PZI a few years ago, but understand it is like ProZinc. If I were you, I would increase it a bit and see if you get any changes. You started at one unit which should be okay.......

You could put ProZinc in your subject line and get some people who are currently using it. Maybe they will have other ideas.

5. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Thank you!

6. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

You are holding doses for a good long time. I too think you can increase his dose. I don't think you are in danger of having increased too much since you are going at it slow and methodically. Looks like a case of not enough insulin to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.