? Can't get Zobaline here found something similar I think

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marvin's Mom - Nat, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvin's Mom - Nat

Marvin's Mom - Nat Well-Known Member

Hi,

Tried buying Zobaline off of Amazone but it will not allow it to ship to Canada. How ever I found this on the Canadian Amazon site. Just not sure about the b6. Wanted to see what you all thought.

Superior Source MicroLingual No Shot Methylcobalamin B12 (1000mcg) + B6 & Folic Acid (800mcg) 60 tabs

[​IMG]

Zobaline

upload_2017-4-26_21-24-15.png

Attached Files:

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

I might question the Stevia leaf extract because it's an artificial sweetener, hopefully others will chime in :)

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Lifelink will ship Zobaline to Canada, but has a hefty shipping cost. Works if you are close to the border and have a cross border post box (like I do).

This post on where to buy zobaline in Canada may help with substitutes.

4. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I bought this to try after my zobaline is gone.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008NIHCZC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1
    It doesn't have folic acid in it like the zobaline does but I have folic acid supplements that I can cut in half and add to his dose of this stuff.
    I just need to figure out how much of the cap he gets.
    I am not sure this will ship to Canada but it's worth checking. Price is excellent. It's an "add on" item though so you have to add it to an order of something else.
    I read the methylCobalamin is the preferred B12 supplement because it's not made in a lab, it's natural. I'll look for the link if you'd like to read more about the differences.

5. Marvin's Mom - Nat

Thank you. Did you find it worked as well as zobaline?

6. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it yet. I have about a week left of the Zobaline. Chuck only has mild neuropathy so the differences are subtle if any.

7. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I just wanted to update you on the b12 supplements I bought and then shared the link with you.
    According to google: 1500mcg is equal to 1.5 mg. So to be the same amount as Zobaline I have to give 2 caps plus 1/2 pill of the folic acid I have.
    *I am NOT a vet* keep this in mind when considering my opinion. You can always check with your vet first if you have any hesitations about it.
    I have 2 days left of zobaline and will update you on how Chuck likes the new stuff. He doesn't notice the Zobaline. I don't know if this stuff will taste any different. I will give two caps the first day and then cut him down to 1 cap a day because his neuropathy is mild compared to some others. I will increase again if he seems to be getting worse.

8. Marvin's Mom - Nat

Thanks Steph, I appreciate it. I tried ordering zobaline from the manufacturer instead of amazone. Now I just have to see if customs lets it through. If not, I will probably do the same as you. right now giving b12, but a typical supplement one, with Methy. It doesn't have folic acid. It seems to have helped a bit. Marvin is pretty server with the neropathy. He couldn't walk at all for a few days. He walks only a bit now and has to rest every couple steps. a couple times last week he took a few more steps at a time. the only time I see him move, is when he sees me taking his crate out to go to vet. lol

9. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Aww that's heartbreaking. Sending healing vines for Marvin!
    I'm not sure what part the folic acid plays in it... I hope you continue to see improvements!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.