Carbs in Imuquin?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Dec 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

My veterinarian gave me a couple weeks of this to try with my diabetic because she is having an undetermined foul poop imbalance/issue.
    Is this particularly high carb? Ingredients include starch but do not specify what kind.
    Would appreciate any input, thanks! :)

(PS her SS is behind, sorry!)

2. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Sorry for no one have helped you.

Starch is converted into sugars in the body, but that doesn't contain so much it matters.

Is it an intestinal anaerobic bacterial and aerobic bacterial imbalance she has?

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Did your vet say why this would help with smelly poop? I would think a probiotic would be more helpful.

Did you change Alice's food or the kind of protein you're feeding her?

5. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

She is having increased diarrhea/poor fecal score and has had smelly smelly poops for so long now, and I haven’t changed her food at all. Sometimes she almost has normal ish poops. I think it’s also maybe a bit worse when her sugar is higher. We thought it was worth a try. Do you think it would cause much harm to try it?

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm not at all familiar with the product so I'm hesitant to make any judgment.

What I would try is S. boulardii. It's a probiotic (humans use it, as well) that is excellent at dealing with diarrhea. I use the ReNew brand and purchase via Amazon. You start with 1/4 of a capsule. Give it a day or two and then if there's not enough improvement, increase to 1/2 capsule. This link has information on managing diarrhea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.