Carly can use all the good vibes she can get :(

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Merlyn (GA), Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

My mom was visiting all week from east coast and Saturday Carly ate great, wake up Sunday...nothing. didnt eat Sunday or monday, took her to vet Tuesday. I thought she was constipated but vet couldnt feel anything, but mentioned her bladder was very full. I realize late late night that shes not peeing.. take her in Weds, got her bladder expressed, xrays showed hard dry poop but not blocking or anything but they gave her an enema also, and still huge bladder despite peeing a lake on the exam table. She hasnt been eating or drinking on her own and went back to get bladder expressed today also.

She has had major arthritis in her legs/spine and muscle wasting neuropathy for a while, and vet thinks the nerves telling the bladders sphincter to open arent working so she had the urge to pee but couldnt. Well now she isnt even getting the urge and still not urinating. She got some cerenia today and lots of subqs and is at least trying to drink.

I am giving her the weekend but she doesnt seem herself and a few of the 5 Ps are not there. :cry:

2. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

(((Lisa))) Fingers and toes crossed for Carly. Hope something changes quickly!

3. mimi4neeyah and Loki

mimi4neeyah and Loki Member

Sending you and Carly some healing vibes and prayers she goes pee by herself and things start working again. Update when you can.

4. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Oh, the poor love! Sending healing vibes for Carly, and a big hug for you, (((Lisa)))

5. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear she is having trouble.. sending healing vines and ((hugs)) for you both.

6. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Lisa)) I hate that you are going through this but you know her best so glad you caught what was happening. I really hope she starts to pee on her own.
    My first thought when I read that her nerves aren't telling her bladder sphincter to open is do you have a chiropractor who can work on her, or maybe even acupuncture? Not sure if that is an option for you but just throwing it out there. Hugs!

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending a zillion healing vines to Carly. I hope you start peeing normally again and feel much better soon, Carly girl cat_pet_icon

8. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks so much..
    Shes so miserable. She cried just now when I went in, probably because she knew I was going to syringe food or a pill in her mouth.

I had considered acupuncture at some point but wasnt sure it would help because hers is so advanced. At this moment shes in so much pain just moving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.