Carly my foster failure--GA

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Merlyn (GA), Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

My baby girl flew to be with Merlyn Janeway and Conor today. She was very peaceful, the vet gave her the injection to sleep and her eyes were still open and I thought she had passed over already but she hadnt, so when she gave the final injection she was very peaceful. Her pain is over now.

For those not familiar, I didnt really post about her because she came home on foster with me a week before Christmas 2005 because of being diabetic. usually diabetics are PTS at my shelter. A week after coming home with me she was OTJ, and didnt look a second time at an insulin bottle.

I formally adopted her on April 7th 2007. She would have been 14 this April ( gotcha day=birthday) My Carly started life out at the shelter as Patches, and I changed it when I was trying to market her for adoption. After all that time, someone was finally interested in adopting her, and I couldnt let them. My apt building has 2 cat limit but I already had 3. Merlyn had been diagnosed with his severe HCM and I thought he wouldnt be with us much longer, so my manager oked adopting Carly..but Merlyn lived 2.5 yrs after that..so I ended up with 4 cats. I wouldnt do that again tho.

Its so empty here, and she left me with Baloo the Brat as my only cat...

2. lynda and scruffy (GA)

lynda and scruffy (GA) Member

Oh, Lisa. I'm so sorry to read this, and to think that you have to go through the sadness of losing another cat you loved and cared for so well. I can picture Carly so clearly from the albums you brought to the get-together two years ago. She was a beauty. I'm sure that Merlyn and Janeway and Conor were glad to see her again.

Sharing your tears....

Cat Poem

They will not go quietly,
    the cats who've shared our lives.
    In subtle ways they let us know
    their spirit still survives.

Old habits still make us think
    we hear a meow at the door.
    Or step back when we drop
    a tasty morsel on the floor.

Our feet still go around the place
    the food dish used to be,
    And, sometimes, coming home at night,
    we miss them terribly.

And although time may bring new friends
    and a new food dish to fill,
    That one place in our hearts
    belongs to them. . . and always will.

- Linda Barnes

Copyright © 2005 AndieAndMike.org

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers for both or you.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

{{Hugs}}

5. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Dear Lisa,

So very sorry about your loss of Carly. So many of our furbabies are leaving us, and going to the Rainbow Bridge.

Carly is now at peace and you gave her a lot of time that she would not have had otherwise.

Take care and I hope your remaining cat might become more loving to keep you company.

(((((((HUGS))))))),
    Jean and Charcoal (GA) rb_icon wings_cat rb_icon

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Lisa))))
    I'm so sorry. It's never easy.
    Fly Free Carly rb_icon

I hope Baloo steps up and makes you feel loved.

7. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

Lisa, I am so sorry. Carly was so lucky to have had you. She knew how much she was loved. Her spirit will always be with you. (((((((((((((LISA)))))))))))))

8. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Lisa)) I am so very sorry. She was so lucky to have you in her life. I know how much you will miss her. Hugs to you during this sad time.

9. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, (((Lisa))).

Carly was blessed in having you to love her, care for her, and to help her out of her suffering when the time was right.
    Fly free and be happy, Carly!

Hugs to you, Lisa.

Elizabeth x

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss ((((((((((Lisa))))))))))

Fly Free Sweet Carly.

11. milfordcollector

milfordcollector Member

So sorry Carley had to leave you ((((Hugs Lisa)))) Fly Free sweet Carley wings_cat and land softley rb_icon My sincerest sympathy Cindy & Sabrina cat_pet_icon

12. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I miss her.. I posted links to some pictures on the same titled thread on community.

13. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Lisa,
    So sorry that Carly had to leave you, but glad it was peaceful. It is so hard no matter what the circumstances are. I know you must miss her very much. You are in my thoughts. (((lisa)))

Fly Free Sweet Carly.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.45904877 ... 3.1&qlt=90

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.