Cassie update

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by bookw0rm, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

Again, it's been a while since I've posted. Many won't remember us, but I wanted to update those who do. Cassie is still OTJ; last check he was 53. His last insulin shot was 1/11/15. He's holding his own at 18+ years; however, he's started into kidney failure. We're doing fluids 3x/week (just started last week) and he seems to be doing well otherwise.

I am thankful that this site is here for people struggling with their sugAR kitties. Cass was extremely hard to regulate, but with your help, he's happy & healthy more than 7 years after dx (8/1/11). He was on insulin for almost 3 years. We started dosing three times a day, bounced a lot, but finally went OTJ. He's been diet controlled ever since. Hang in there. It's worth the time and effort for a happy cat, off or on the juice.

Glassgoblin, Sharon14, Rachel and 2 others like this.
  2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Welcome back! As the bean for a long term diabetic, I love these stories of cats that make it off insulin after a longer period of time. It's rare, but it's nice to hear that it happens! I'm so glad to hear that Cassie is still doing well after all this time! Thanks for the encouragement!

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa! It's always so good to hear from you and see how Cass is doing! I think you're the only one still around from when I first arrived here...and you're definitely an inspiration still! We share stories about Cass when we have really bouncy cats here. I'm so glad to hear that he's still doing well even with the kidney failure...he's had a good, long life so far and even if he's slowing down some, sounds like he's still going strong! I hope you'll keep dropping by to update us when you can...I look forward to hearing how Cass is doing from year to year!

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Such an encouraging report! :D

5. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

Very encouraging for the OTJ-ers here. Long-term OTJ is possible.

Sending positive thoughts towards Miss Cass! Also- glad she has someone like you who is patient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.