Cat ate contraband dry kibble! What now?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Margie and Jackson, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

Jackson somehow managed to get a bag of dry kibble off a shelf. Is there anything I should do? Earlier insulin? More insulin is probably not a good idea. Ugh. He has a super sensitive stomach and had diarrhea this morning so I don’t imagine this will improve matters. Let me know if you have tips for settling kitty stomachs or dealing with naughty kibble eating diabetics.

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

You giggle 'cos it's still funny to see him be naughty...and wait it out. No additional insulin, don't need to change anything. Might try a Pepcid if it's acid causing the tummy issues. Dose is 2.5mg or 1/4 tab of regular strength (10mg) Pepcid - generic is fine.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I would not change my insulin dose or time of shots. Just don't be surprised to see some higher numbers until that is out of his system.

Margie and Jackson likes this.
  4. Margie and Jackson

Thanks. I’ll try to relax and see the humor!;)

5. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

He also may have diarrhea because of the sudden diet change. Adding a little pumpkin to his food will help clear it up. Make sure it is canned pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling. If he's constipated, pumpkin also works for it too.

Of course the best way to keep him out of it is to get rid of the dry food. If he knows where it is at, he will probably try to get into it again. Sneaky cats...

To keep my cats out of the dog's dry food, I have to keep it in the microwave. It's the only place they have not figured how to get into yet.

:cat:

Margie and Jackson likes this.
  6. Margie and Jackson

He had the diarrhea BEFORE the kibble incident! I used to give an older cat of mine pumpkin for constipation. Good to know it works for the opposite problem. He seems quite pleased with himself now, by the way.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  7. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.