cat behavior and human response

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Donna & Buddha, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Buddha has been sleeping on his back a lot the last couple of days. Sometimes he looks dead. Poor kitty, I get so worried about him slipping into a hypo coma, that when I see him snoozing, I have to go poke him and see how he responds.

He was cuddly and wanted petting more than normal this morning. But it could have been because I was sitting at the desk in the chair that he currently considers his own.

Numbers in the green scare me, I'd be happy with yellows and blues.

I'm feeding him, and he gobbles up, 4 cans of ff a day. If I don't feed him so much, he's likely to graze my houseplants or prowl the table or counters for unauthorized snacks.

It seems like more than normal amount of pee in litter box. I don't see him drinking much water, and when I turn on the faucet he's not too interested. Maybe its just the result of 4 cans of cat food.

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Donna)))Hi! I am still a newbie, but looking at Buddha's SS, he is looking good! Kitty's like to lay/sleep with all 4s in the air - sooooo cute!! ;-)

I know what you mean about getting nervous in the greens - I want greens.. but not too low :mrgreen:

Sounds like you are treating kitty very well & that you are very in tune too, that is great!! :RAHCAT

3. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I often would wake up Maggie just to be sure she was ok, so don't think you're strange doing this. As you get a better feel for it all and learn how Buddha acts, you'll be less nervous. Here is the hypo list from http://www.felinediabetes.com/hypogly.htm. Note the last sentence.:

Symptoms of hypoglycemia: [in order of ascending severity]

abnormal hunger / complete disinterest in food
    restlessness
    weakness, lethargy
    head tilting
    shivering
    staggering, uncoordinated movements
    problems with eyesight
    disorientation (yowling, walking in circles, hiding, etc.)
    convulsions or seizures
    coma
    This list is by no means exhaustive; cats have also been known to be very sleepy, drool, vomit, or have glassy eyes. Be aware of behavior from your cat that is uncommon, but don't fret every time your pet gives you a single funny look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.