Cat Care Book recommendations?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tomtom13, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

Afternoon all

I need to buy a Cat Care book....a "bible" so to speak of basic cat care. Not just regarding diabetes....but basic info about all cat aliments and care.....

Any suggestions?

~thanks all

kelly

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

3. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

Thanks!! those both look good!!

~kelly

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

}f you're willing to look up words, the Merck Veterinary Manual for professional reference is worth getting, too, as it specifies more details about meds, testing, and reference lab values.

5. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

~

Another great suggestion....

If I am willing to wake up at 3:30 in the morning to test, feed, shoot, and walk Tom around the garden with a flashlight.......I certainly can give some time and effort into looking up words.

I am basically cat clueless....so I that type of manual would help me out quite a bit .

The more you know......right

I just looked it up online to see if my local library has it ....and they do as a reference only...so I will look through it when I go this week.

thanks again

I appreciate it!!

~kelly

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Motivated reading is a great way to learn things, including medical terminology. Knowing that will enable you to communicate in the vet's language as well as read the more technical references.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.