Cat eye question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sharyn & Fiona, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharyn & Fiona

Sharyn & Fiona Member

I'm fostering a cat, Uno, who has a dark mark across her left eye. Her eye is also weeping and the iris is darker than her right eye. She's been on doxycycline and BNP ointment in the eye BID. No real change in a week. I'm taking her to my vet for a second opinion this afternoon. The eye vet doesn't ride into town until the end of the month.

The original vet, (whom I don't trust but have to use because they give the rescue a discount), said that Uno's iris was leaking up through her cornea. Uno's eye was stained twice (diff days) and no ulcer was seen (by stupid vet).

Has anyone every heard of this?

2. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Oh my...that is concerning. I do know that the vets that specialize in eye problems know a heck of a lot more than regular vets about it. I can't help but think of Heather and Shess...maybe you could pm her? I know his eyes were 2 different colors and weren't supposed to be...he had cancer. Of course, I hope that isn't the case here but definitely need to get that checked. ((Hugs))

3. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

4. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

It does sound like what Shess had, although by the time I rescued him the iris was totally brown (his eyes were a yellowish color). Shess' remaining eye started to get the brown pigmentation, but it was just a couple of dots. He ended up dying from lung cancer (not related to his eye, but the eye prob was pretty bad where it was almost malignant...another bad vet award)

Lynda and Scruffy has tons of experience with this. She has a blog on her Scruffy's experience with Diffuse Iris Melanosis/Melanoma. I would PM her. But I will help out with anything I can!

Sharyn, do you have any pics of Uno's eyes? Here is a pic of Shess before he had his eye removed. I had to lighten the pic up to show the difference between the pupils. He had secondary glaucoma. His eye was very dark, though. To think his ex-vets thought his eye was just fine makes me so angry!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.