Cat has a cough and weezing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amberdanielleswink, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amberdanielleswink

Amberdanielleswink New Member

Brought my cat inside from cold weather has a cough and weezing. Does anyone know any natural remedies? We don't have the extra for a vet bill at the moment. Thanks.

2. Ramon's mom

Ramon's mom Member

Lysine powder in his food can help with respiratory viruses. You can get the powder or capsules of powder (which you can open up) at most pharmacies or on amazon. Very safe too. I would recommend keeping your cat indoors from now on. Much easier to control what they eat, get exposed to and to keep them safe.

Amberdanielleswink likes this.
  3. Amberdanielleswink

Amberdanielleswink New Member

Thanks much I appreciate it! We bought this house a couple months back and he started coming around to see the kids he was in bad shape and skinny, so we fattened him up, made him a cat house and we live in Ohio so the past couple of weeks it's been cold! I finally talked my husband into bringing him inside lol My husband came home with a litter box and litter and said okay bring him in. Poor cat I just hope he don't have pneumonia I have no clue how old he is. Other than that seems very grateful to be indoors.kids love him we are grateful to have him as well. Thank you for your time!

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So you have a nebulizer? When I had a kitten with pneumonia she had antibiotics but we also put her in a carrier with a towel over it and stuck a nebulizer inside for her to breath (just saline).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.