Cat sitter in Long Island City, NY

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by leestuart, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leestuart

leestuart New Member

Hi Everyone! We live in Long Island City, Queens and need to travel to Maine in June. We are looking for someone who would be able to come to our home and administer insulin twice a day to our very loving and friendly cat Blackie.
    Is anyone available or can someone please refer me to an individual/service who might be able to help:
    Many thanks!
    Emma

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

Re: Cat technician availability?

i know we have several members here that are in that neck of the woods. I would suggest editing your subject line in your original post and adding "Long Island City, Queens" to your subject line or something like "Long Island City, Queens petsitting needed"

3. Denise & Mr. Smith

Denise & Mr. Smith Member

If you have no luck there, you can try going to petsitters.org - it is the national association of professional petsitters. You just put your zip code in and it will show you the pet sitters in your area, usually with a discription such as if they give medications or not.

Good luck!
    Denise

4. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

You may also want to check with the techicians at your local vet's office. A number of vet techs supplement their income by providing pet sitting services. Bonuses are that they may be more familiar with various health issues than lay-folk, may be familiar with your cat and it's problems, and have more knowledge of the local vet scene should your require an after-hours vet visit.

5. leestuart

leestuart New Member

Thanks everyone for your responses. I did try my local vet's technician, but she is pregnant and will not be available. However, I will try the other suggestions, and maybe contact another vet's office. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.