Caterina newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julie Ann Taylor, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie Ann Taylor

Julie Ann Taylor New Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm Julie and my girl, Caterina (approx age 13 yrs) was diagnosed two days ago. She started insulin yesterday at the vet's office. I gave her first shot today at home today. She's doing alright, seems a little sluggish. I know that we'll get this routine down but it's a big learning curve. The thing that is difficult for me is that I am a care giver to two people in my family with serious illnesses, so I'm already burnt out before I've even begun! But I love my girl and I want to give her a great life. Aren't her markings pretty? She's a British Shorthair.

Attached Files:

Kris & Teasel and JanetNJ like this.
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB the best place you never wanted to be. This board is a treasure trove of info for feline diabetes and pretty much all things cat!

Having been the caregiver for two elderly folks and a SIL with Down Syndrome I can relate to your concerns over having yet another needy soul to look after. This all seems overwhelming at the beginning but I assure you that once you get over the first few weeks of the learning curve, you'll develop a routine that will work for you and Caterina and all your charges. Each of us is different as to our schedules and responsibilities but we've all managed to sort things out and make it work. This isn't just about kitty either....it's also about you. So take things at your own speed and ask any and all questions.

Posting on the Health Forum HERE will get the most eyes on your inquiries and all the support you want/need to get comfortable on this new journey with your gorgeous Caterina. :)

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! I like her name - Caterina :)

Julie Ann Taylor likes this.
  4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB. FD is overwhelming in the start but there is a vast community of people on here to help out with both advice and support.

Caterina has such beautiful markings!! :bighug::bighug:

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So pretty! I have a friendly stray that looks similar. :)

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

She's beautiful! :)

7. Julie Ann Taylor

Julie Ann Taylor New Member

Thank you so much MrWorfMen's Mom :) It's nice to know that others are in the same boat. Makes me feel less alone.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  8. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Julie, When you are ready to post in Health, it would be helpful if you would let us know what insulin and dose Caterina has been prescribed, what diet she is on, any other health issues, if you are home testing and your general location so if you have any questions about supplies/food etc. we can provide information appropriate for you. :D

9. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Caterina is absolutely beautiful welcome to the forum

10. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Caterina and Julie Ann! I'm a bit late to the welcoming party due to an injury :cat:
    Her expression is adorable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.