CBD OIL - which one?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Candy&Company, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I'd like to have this on hand, but not sure which brand..?

2. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

I have tried 3 different brands so far for Spot, and my favorite is the one we are using now, which is cbdmd. We have also used Nuleaf and PetReleaf. PetReleaf was ok but not concentrated enough.. he needed an entire dropper full per day and started rebelling against having liquid squirted into his mouth. Nuleaf was strong but has a flavor and smell that made Spot drool and gag after a while... very skunky. The cbdmd is flavored with catnip which Spot seems to like, and with the higher concentration I only have to give him .2ml per day.
    There is a group on Facebook called CBD oil for pets that has some good info on other brands that you may find useful.
    CBD oil has been a miracle for Spots appetite. I hope this helps!

3. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Okay so the recommended is.. CBDMD? Can I ask where you buy from, and how much - not price but volume? I'll look into the Facebook account, even though I hate the website - my own issues, I know too much, grr. But thank you so much!

4. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

5. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Also I see you are from Ohio... I am too and unfortunately as of the beginning of September CBD oil is technically only able to be purchased with a medical marijuana card in a state run dispensary... which don’t exist yet. I have not had an issue having it delivered..... but there’s no telling what the future brings :(

6. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Oh... okay. *sighs*

7. Harley Baby & Michele

Harley Baby & Michele Member

@SpotsMom How did you determine what dose to start at? Did you increase dose over time? Did you purchase the 1500mg? Thanks.

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You should be able to buy it....their website says they can ship to all states.
    Capture.PNG

They have an online chat (when it's open)….I'd ask them first just to be sure.

9. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I'm gonna try but I don't hold out any hope.. *faint smile* I get a lots of breaks but not that much.

SpotsMom likes this.
  10. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Every cat will be different as far as how much they end up needing, but you can’t really overdose. The biggest harm of giving too much is having a really sleepy kitty. Start low and work your way up. When I started Spot out, he was getting about 1mg of CBD at a time twice per day. We have settled on 5mg per day as a good daily dose for him, more if he’s having a pancreatitis flare. 1500mg is the amount in the whole bottle. I did get the big bottle :)

Harley Baby & Michele likes this.
  11. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I'm just wondering about the delivery, maybe they'll stop it.. *sigh* I'll try.

12. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

I’ve heard of shipments getting stopped going through international customs but not state to state. If they are willing to ship it, you shouldn’t have any trouble receiving it. There is a lot of confusion and anger about the new rules right now, but any enforcement actions will most likely be against local retailers not consumers... As Chris said, if you contact them they will let you know for sure, but it should be ok.

13. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Think positive!!

I'd love to try it but I can't afford it...especially with all the vet bills China's been wracking up lately.

I'd like to try it not only with China, but myself....I've had 14 back surgeries and I've heard wonderful things about pain relief with the CBD oils

Well..maybe I'll win the lottery....LOL

SpotsMom likes this.
  14. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Sending you lottery winning vibes!!

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  15. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.