CBD

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, May 6, 2019.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

anyone know what would be better for kitty, The oil or isolate that can get sprinkled on food? I have concerns about the oils as most contain MCT oil which essentially Coconut oil so not sure that’s ok for sugar babies even though they all seem to be around 1%. Any advice appreciated

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Charlotte's Web is olive oil if you can't find a local brand. I just got the extra strength and I have to say, it appears to be a bit stronger than our old brand. Sam had a veeerrrrryyyy peaceful nap the other day. ;) He looked like he was smiling the whole time, and when I picked him up he purred and cuddled which was downright adorable (and not his usual temperament. :smuggrin:) So now he's on a slightly lower dose. :cat:

Anyway....I don't know anything about isolate, so can't really speak to that. This might be a place to look though: https://boulderholisticvet.com/

3. Lisa and little

From what I’m reading MCT oil makes CBD the most biologically available. Do you think it’s bad for sugar babies?

4. Djamila

I just did a quick google search and it seems that the worst thing about it is that some cats don't like the taste. Did you read somewhere that it's bad for them?

5. Lisa and little

Is a small chain triglyceride that That may not be good for diabetics based on what I read. Is MCT in the one you use? Also can you take a look at the last thread in my post entitled Hmmphf and please give me your thoughts? I took Out the fish and replaced w liver and chicken. Her + 4 is 124! I’m happy but not sure what to attribute that to and will probably see a bounce tomorrow when I was set to go up to 2.6 .... she usually takes 5 cycles for a dose to kick in... this was dose 6. Coincidence or food change related ? Hmmmphf again!!

6. Djamila

Okay, now you have three threads going...o_O Maybe pick one to keep using and let the other two go....? If you're waiting on an answer and no one is around, you can just type "bump" to bump your thread back to the top of the list.

I doubt it's the fish, although I suppose anything is possible. And even the sixth cycle is unlikely to be the magic. I think it's most likely just one of those lucky cycles where everything comes together and works just right. I do think it's good that you held the cycle today so we can see if she does it again, or if she gets stuck high and flat and needs the next increase. Too bad they can't just tell us what they need!

7. Djamila

And.....I completely missed the main question. Sorry 'bout that! So again, I'm not an expert in this - I'm just googling things when you're asking questions. But what I'm reading is that MCT can actually lower body fat an increase insulin response - which sounds like a good thing, doesn't it?

Mine doesn't have MCT - it has olive oil only which is LCT. Regardless, a cat dose is so small that it doesn't seem like it would have much impact either way. Totally open to learning otherwise though if you find an article that seems like a good resource on this!

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  8. Lisa and little

Leaving this thread ... I know I’m all over the place. Sorry but FYI - I researched the claims about MCT actually lowering BG and weight regulation. The BG part is a total myth. Please feel free to join me on my other novel. Thanks for always being there !:bighug:

Djamila likes this.