CC'S Dental

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JanetNJ, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

B3D91AD6-ADB9-4D2B-8B16-733325C5C97D.jpeg 7FD9D6B9-C374-4ECB-961B-09A723C1ADC5.jpeg CC'S dental went good yesterday. She wound up having 3 teeth pulled. The worst of which was this one with the HUGE HOLE. that must have been painful. She never stopped eating though. If he numbers weren't up I wouldn't have known. This is a picture my vet texted yesterday.

I won't be picking her up until Monday.... She's probably not happy, but at least they can check that she's healing ok.

beggargirl, SpotsMom and Squalliesmom like this.
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Awww, look at that face. Yeah, I'm sure she is not thrilled with being left in 'kitty jail' for the weekend, but I imagine she will be 'under the influence' so will probably mostly sleep.

I have seen some interesting dental x-rays, too. You just never know what is going on in those little mouths. I'm glad she got this over with and hope she feels better and gives you beautiful numbers.

JanetNJ likes this.
  3. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

Don’t worry. Truffles had all his teeth removed 2 years ago. Still eats anything!

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wow that is some hole. Glad it's out and she will feel much better when healed.

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow! I'll bet that hurt.. they are very good at hiding pain..
    She is very sweet!
    Sending many healing vines

6. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Aww, poor sweetheart! Sending vines and prayers for uncomplicated, fast healing! The dentist gave me Squallie's teeth after his FME last week, lol! What a mess they were, amazed he never stopped eating! CC will feel so much better (when she heals) without those bad teeth. :cat::bighug::bighug:

JanetNJ likes this.
  7. JanetNJ

Awesome. She had two pulled last year and three this time... And a couple we absorbed. So I don't think she had too many back there now.

8. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

CC is so beautiful! I'm so glad the dental is over for her now and she's resting and healing (and you can relax for a moment Janet, but only a moment until the next thing happens :joyful:) Healing energy vibes heading CC's way, I hope you have a great weekend.

JanetNJ likes this.
  9. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

Such a brave girl.

Is it common for them to keep them overnight or two?

Gracie is scheduled to come home same day next week.

10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

She’s well rid of those problem teeth! I’m sure she’ll be very glad to get back home.

11. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Ouch! I bet she already feels much better. I have an older girl who has to get most if not all teeth pulled soon. I'm dreading it for her, but I know she'll feel better.

JanetNJ likes this.
  12. JanetNJ

@Kris & Teasel

Check out CC'S numbers on her first full day with me after I picked her up from her dental (done on Fri). Looking good. Looks like the dose will be heading down. :). Prior to the dental I gave her 6.25 to see blues. Today I gave 5.5 and we have low dark greens. Whooohoo. Last night I had to do a little food steering.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  13. JanetNJ

Oh and bonus, the bill was almost $300 less then the original estimate even though it was three extractions instead of 2. The vet shaved a few items off and gave me a 10% discount... Love her.

14. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

For a cat on long term BUPE whose teeth cannot be pulled I still see Noah grazing on the tiny bowl of kibble we're not supposed to leave out. The vet says one thing, the cat does the opposite.
    Welcome home CC. :bighug:

JanetNJ likes this.
  15. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Well, would you look at that?! Isn't that great! Sure highlights the importance of a dental for an FD kitty, doesn't it? You must be thrilled, Janet! :smuggrin:

16. JanetNJ

I'll of course have to see what the preshot is... But I'll either do 5.25 or 5 tonight since it got pretty low today. I don't want to be up past 11 like last night. Zzzzzz

Had a great time this long weekend. We rented a HUGE house by the ocean and my son got to spend a few days with 11 of his siblings (He was a donor kid) ranging in age 6 months to 7.5 years old. It was non stop playing for four days. Haha

17. JanetNJ

No they usually come home same day but I was having her boarded a few days because we were away. Figured it was good timing since the vet could check and make sure she was healing after.

18. JanetNJ

Went with 5. Decent preshot. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.