Cefa drops advice?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by kryskat, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kryskat

kryskat Well-Known Member

It was suggested I cross-post this in Health (originally I posted in the Lantus group).

My diabetic cat, Kasha, was diagnosed with a URI/sinus infection and possible dental infection today. Vet prescribed Cefa drops. I got home and found out they contain sucrose - not sure how much. Vet's closed for the day - so I think I'll try it tonight and monitor her BG. I'm wondering when in the cycle might be best. I just fed dinner and I want time for the food to get digested a bit since cefa can cause vomiting and I don't want her vomiting her dinner when I just shot insulin.

Perhaps later in the cycle, maybe with some LC to counter the sucrose a bit? I figure if it's like feeding a serving of MC once per day for 10 days, I'm not too worried but if it really bounces her up... that could be an issue.

I'm always nervous about the first dose of a new prescription.

2. kryskat

kryskat Well-Known Member

Well, it didn't seem to spike her BG... Gave the dose about 1 hour after her insulin... I think tomorrow I'll give it with her dinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.