CGMS/libre regular use?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by WilbursPerson, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilbursPerson

WilbursPerson Member

I did a forum search and see occasional Libre mentions. Does anyone use one continuously on their cat (applying it themselves vs intermittently when applied at the vet)? And does anyone have pictures of keeping it attached?

I know we’d need to shave a spot on his scruff which is fine but getting it to stay is my concern.

thanks in advance!!

2. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Hi. I have tagged a member who has used the Libre quite and did a video demo. There are a few ways to help keep it on, one is using a product called skin tac which is applied to the sensor and helps it stick to the skin better. In addition, some will use different products over the sensor. Some owners/vet shave an area on the back whereas some of the investigators (vets) put it near the neck area and use a kitty kollar (typically used for feeding tubes but can be used over a Libre) to help with keeping it on and to help with keeping the cat from messing with it. Every cat is going to be different and some of it is trial and error with your specific cat. It is worth doing even if one comes off and needs to be re applied! Very, very valuable info you are able to gain from a CGM because of the vast amount of data it collects :). Helps with figuring out the trends. You are able to see not only the BGs but the speed of the rises and falls which is important and helpful.

Check this link out:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...stration-explanations-tips-discussion.221630/

@Steph & Quintus & L & O

3. WilbursPerson

WilbursPerson Member

Awesome!!! Thank you for the info and link!!

4. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

You are welcome!

WilbursPerson likes this.
  5. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

my old vet uses a bit of surgical glue and a tshirt/sweater to keep them on :)

ECID

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I used a neck wrap like in the following
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/results-of-using-libre-on-my-badger.212928/
    Subsequently I attached two sensors on my Wiggles myself (with non-vet help. One can use a harness like the following if it will cover the sensor area
    https://www.amazon.com/Escape-Proof...ocphy=9008163&hvtargid=pla-402335001813&psc=1
    For all I used tissue glue to supplement the adhesive that is pre applied to the sensor. The are the sensor is applied to needs to be shave, the closer the better.

7. WilbursPerson

WilbursPerson Member

Thanks Larry for the links to the images and suggestion on tissue adhesive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.