Champion Cat Food Recall

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tiffmaxee, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, Elise. This is worrisome for me because Squallie LOVES the Orijen treats, they are his special ear-poke rewards. Now I wonder if I should look for something else. :(

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would at least for now. Sorry to give you the bad news. :bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Better to know than to risk poisoning! :)

5. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

Actually not a recall on either the Orijen dog or cat foods. Rather, class action lawsuits against Orijen for the USA-made (Dogstar Kitchens) dog food (Minnesota and two other states) and cat food (Illinois).

I've been feeding Orijen freeze-dried dog treats to my cat after testing/before meals... although not named in any of the lawsuits, I would think they're probably contaminated, too :mad: I've also been feeding Orijen Puppy Large to my German Shepherd and was not happy about he quality decline when we could only get the US product after they opened the Dogstar Kitchen in Kentucky, but haven't found anything better (for her), yet :mad:

After we move to the new state and get settled, I'll be looking for new products for both of them... if I can get the Canadian version of Orijen products (not named in any of the lawsuits), maybe I can do that (if testing doesn't show contamination).

And I'll need to get the dog and cat tested for heavy metal/BPA levels/contamination :mad:

Maybe all of this is why Champion is (possibly) selling to Purina? :eek:

If Purina buys, I hope they fix all this, but I'm not holding my breath :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.